alex_san

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
my hard drive is failing and I have a 1TB hard disk that I like to reinstall vista with the EISA configuration, but the 1 TB hdd have 2 patitions and one contain the backup of all my files from the other hdd,

would I be able to unplug the other hdd and and reinstall vista in the 1 TB hdd with the EISA configuration disk and is there a way to choose which patition to install vista in so the backup can stay and not get deleted?

thanks

PaulR08

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
You don't need to unplug the drive. When the installation gets to the partition/format step, select the 1st partition, the one without your backup files, to install Vista on. Windows will install to this partition and not touch the other one.

alex_san

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
thanks for the reply,

I just realize that there is a program call THE TECH GUYS it make diagnostic easier

so it handles all the installing, it just reformats the hdd completely, destorying all the patition and making it how it use to be when I bought it.

so is there a way to extract vista from the EISA configuration and install it without the tech guys program

thanks