Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Passwords......Can one get to an area where the passwords ..

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Memory
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
May 30, 2005 8:02:56 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

and remove the unused passwords. When you click on the "password" area a few
drop down in order for the person to pick one of the passwords in memory.
Some of theses are no longer used or needed. How can they be deleted?
Thanks

More about : passwords area passwords

May 30, 2005 8:28:23 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

In news:VYadnSPpm-I1VQffRVn-2A@comcast.com,
daytona <boater@excite.com> had this to say:

> and remove the unused passwords. When you click on the "password"
> area a few drop down in order for the person to pick one of the
> passwords in memory. Some of theses are no longer used or needed. How
> can they be deleted? Thanks

I am guessing based on your post...

Start > run > control userpasswords2 > advanced tab > manage passwords >
delete the ones you don't want?

Is that what you mean?

Galen

Sherlock Holmes
May 30, 2005 12:17:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thanks for the reply, but that was not it. I am talking about area on web
pages were you have a username and password. So, now that I think more about
it.....it's the username I want to delete

> In news:VYadnSPpm-I1VQffRVn-2A@comcast.com,
> daytona <boater@excite.com> had this to say:

>> and remove the unused passwords. When you click on the "password"
>> area a few drop down in order for the person to pick one of the
>> passwords in memory. Some of theses are no longer used or needed. How
>> can they be deleted? Thanks
>
> I am guessing based on your post...
>
> Start > run > control userpasswords2 > advanced tab > manage passwords >
> delete the ones you don't want?
>
> Is that what you mean?
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "And that recommendation, with the exaggerated estimate of my ability
> with which he prefaced it, was, if you will believe me, Watson, the
> very first thing which ever made me feel that a profession might be
> made out of what had up to that time been the merest hobby."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b } Memory
May 30, 2005 1:48:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | Content tab |
AutoComplete button | Clear Passwords button

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:o vGdnVVsE_XOmQbfRVn-qQ@comcast.com,
daytona <boater@excite.com> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks for the reply, but that was not it. I am talking about area on web
> pages were you have a username and password. So, now that I think more
> about it.....it's the username I want to delete
>

> "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> In news:VYadnSPpm-I1VQffRVn-2A@comcast.com,
>> daytona <boater@excite.com> had this to say:

>>> and remove the unused passwords. When you click on the "password"
>>> area a few drop down in order for the person to pick one of the
>>> passwords in memory. Some of theses are no longer used or needed. How
>>> can they be deleted? Thanks
>>
>> I am guessing based on your post...
>>
>> Start > run > control userpasswords2 > advanced tab > manage passwords >
>> delete the ones you don't want?
>>
>> Is that what you mean?
>>
>> Galen
>> --
>>
>> "And that recommendation, with the exaggerated estimate of my ability
>> with which he prefaced it, was, if you will believe me, Watson, the
>> very first thing which ever made me feel that a profession might be
>> made out of what had up to that time been the merest hobby."
>>
>> Sherlock Holmes
May 31, 2005 1:34:52 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Thank You....that did it
Anonymous
a b } Memory
May 31, 2005 9:08:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

What did what?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes