Japanese keyboard

jdavide22

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
I have English windows xp +Sp2 with Japanese keyboard. And my language input is English and Japanese. But whenever i push the pipe button on my keyboard Chinese language came up. Even if delete thousands time it appear again. :fou: :fou: :fou: :fou: :fou:

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
This may or may not work but depending on the application you are using try to hold the alt key down and type 124.
http://www.asciitable.com/

If not you may have to use the character map located in accessories or system tools. I forget exactly where on XP

jdavide22

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Dear Pat
Thanks for your kind reply.
i ment to typing pipe character is not my problem, the problem is why always chinese keyboard and input came out ?

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
Ok that makes a difference.
There is 3 things I can think of offhand to check.

1. The language settings in the control panel. Which I think you did.

2. Are you running software for your keyboard. If so try to just run it as a standard PS/2 Keyboard.

3. Its possible that the font being used is corrupt and changing that could help.

As for Japenese to Chinese the only thing I have to offer is I have seen that there is regular and simple chinese. I dont know the difference. Possibly the problem lies with that. Otherwise this may be a good thing to speak with MS about.

jdavide22

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Solution #1
That's awesome answer. My regional settings was Osaka, Tokyo so i changed them into Usa. Now problem solved.
Thanks for thousands of times. You are a genius.. :love: :love: :love: :sol: