Is there a good Non-Wheel mouse available?

Doxy

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

I appreciate your responses, but I didn't mention optical instead of ball.

Any thoughts on a 3 button non-wheel OPTICAL mouse?

Thanks again!!!!

On 5/16/2004 10:56 PM Doxy brightened our day with:

>I appreciate your responses, but I didn't mention optical instead of ball.
>
>Any thoughts on a 3 button non-wheel OPTICAL mouse?
>
>Thanks again!!!!

There aren't any, how do you expect to find something with a 10 year old
configuration that also happens to support the latest technology?
If you're afraid of the wheel why not just get a Logitech MX500/510,
which has 8 buttons - including three down the center in line with the
wheel, and turn off the wheel (heck you could crack it open an pull the
wheel out) and all but the three you want to use. You could very easily
use the MX500 as a three button mouse, I can put my hand on the mouse
and have my index, middle and ring finger on three separate buttons just
as you would've on one of those archaic old wingmen. The only thing is
the middle button wouldn't "click" as you might want it to.

--
Steve [Inglo]

Doxy

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

"RacerX" <OTHracer@fast.net> wrote in

> lol, i have 3 wingman,s
> heheh
> oh, and no you cant have one, smile
>>> racerX <<

I'm using one now, just looking for something better.

Thx Racerx