Sign in with
Your question

Browser only opening Google

Last response: in Windows XP
April 20, 2009 9:41:33 PM

I have a desktop and a laptop (both XP), the desktop (host) has a broadband connection which I have shared using Internet Connection Sharing (done correctly) with the laptop. The problem is that though the laptop connects to the net, the browser (Firefox or Internet Explorer) can only open very few websites, especially only google, gmail.
Any suggestions?

More about : browser opening google

April 21, 2009 1:23:55 AM

Run ipconfig /all from a DOS window and check the DNS. Is it the correct one(s)?
April 24, 2009 6:36:03 PM

Yes, the DNS is correct. As I said, the client can connect to the internet, but the browser can only open Google and Gmail.
The client was able to connect properly before, but since a few days this problem has cropped up!
The host PC is rebooting frequently when I enter a website address in Firefox of the client PC.
I formatted the host PC and loaded Win XP afresh.
Also uninstalled and reinstalled the Update Root Certificates (in Windows Components) in the client laptop.
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP !!!!
April 24, 2009 8:52:17 PM

Quote:
The host PC is rebooting frequently when I enter a website address in Firefox of the client PC.
You try to access a web site from a PC and that causes the other PC to reboot? May I suggest you find a Microsoft newsgroup that's dedicated to ICS? It sure isn't the most popular way to share an Internet connection.
!