Sign in with
Your question

Controlling fan speed

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 1, 2007 6:03:33 AM

Are there any other software programs that can let me manually control the speed of my GPU fan on my 8800gts? nTune has the ability i know, but the options for GPU fan control are all greyed out for some reason.

More about : controlling fan speed

June 1, 2007 7:24:37 AM

I had the same problem with nTune. Rivatuner has a fan speed controller and I used that. Although it hasn't been tested with the latest drivers it seems to work OK.
June 1, 2007 8:28:29 AM

I dont have a problem with n tune.. you got the latest version? because mine didnt work on the old version. just a thought
Related resources
June 1, 2007 9:14:11 AM

Quote:
Are there any other software programs that can let me manually control the speed of my GPU fan on my 8800gts? nTune has the ability i know, but the options for GPU fan control are all greyed out for some reason.

Use RivaTuner.
You download it from here.
June 1, 2007 11:14:23 AM

If RivaTuner doesn't work (which it should), try ATI Tool.
June 3, 2007 8:39:06 PM

Wonder if this is a Vista thing????

I'm using Vista Ultimate 32-bit and the fan control area on the most recent Ntune is grayed out. I tried ATI Tool and it won't work either.....Vista issue I believe.

Other than Rivatuner, anyone here get an 8800 and Vista to work for fan control??
June 3, 2007 8:44:55 PM

I have windows XP pro, and manual control over my 7950GT's fan just won't work. I have the latest nVidia Drivers, and have am using the latest version nTune with CoolBits. Could it possably be the drivers? I have Vista Beta, but never tried the RTM, nor OCing in Vista. Just MO...
June 3, 2007 8:47:20 PM

Well then I wonder if it's the 8800. My buddy has an 8800 (so do I), and I'm on Vista but he's on XP and we both have the same problem that the fan control is grayed out. My guess it's Ntune/Control Panel, not the OS. Could be the 8800 though if DX9 cards work........
June 3, 2007 9:04:02 PM

Quote:
Well then I wonder if it's the 8800. My buddy has an 8800 (so do I), and I'm on Vista but he's on XP and we both have the same problem that the fan control is grayed out. My guess it's Ntune/Control Panel, not the OS. Could be the 8800 though if DX9 cards work........

Fan control is grayed out for me in both Vista and XP as well. I just use Rivatuner, because the retarded nTune won't remember my OC settings either (after reboot), where Rivatuner will.
June 3, 2007 9:42:01 PM

DL'ing Riva now......screw NTune :roll:
!