Cant install microsoft office 2007 not enough space where wants to be installed?

I have downloaded Microsoft office 7 to my PC (the files). I have Windows XP SP2 as an operating system. When I go to click on the instillation I get this pop up message....
"the install location you selected does not have 1734mb free space. Free up space from the selected location or choose a different install location."
I know where the files are located on my PC however I am not certain as to where the installation is designated to go. I have deleted temp files, deleted necessary programs, etc....Help please, lost at this point!!!
7 answers Last reply
More about cant install microsoft office 2007 space installed
  1. got to mycomputer and check how much free space you got in C: drive by right click on it & select properties..

you can also locate different location for installing office 2007 on your system by choosing advanced or customized method..

http://www.brighthub.com/office/home/articles/1071.aspx

http://www.mediaverso.com/office-2007-tutorial-7-step-by-step-guide-to-install-microsoft-office-2007-system.html
  2. If you don't need every program in Office, you can omit some of them. Also, I think you're going to have trouble running it on SP2.
  3. still unable to install, any other suggestions???
  4. what does C: drive property tells. how much space you got..
  5. What do you mean about installing "the files."? Are you not running the CD setup?
  6. used space 13.1 GB
    free space 1.52 GB

YES I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO INSTALL FROM THE CD, WHEN I CLICK THE INSTALL ICON KEEPS SAYING NOT ENOUGH SPACED TO DESIGNATED INSTILLATION LOCATION...
  7. So your C drive is only 15 GB? Not enough for today's computing, and you don't even have SP 3.

Do you have any other partitions on the drive?

Clean up your computer:
    1-- move data to CD's or DVD's.
    2--Uninstall any programs you will never, ever use.
    3-- Clear Temp files with TFC (Temp File Cleaner.)
    4--Run CCleaner

What's free now?
Ask a new question

Read More

Office Free Space Windows XP Apps