Sign in with
Your question

Screen goes blank right after windows splash screen (Help!!)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 1, 2007 10:47:14 AM

System specs listed below, installed Windows XP, then loaded video card drivers from manufacturers disk, everything went smoothly up to this point.

Then it asked to reboot system, now the screen goes blank right after windows starts up (right after the splash screen).

In particular this is what I did:

Installed the reccomended tweaks from the overclocking forum (optimum settings), I HAVE NOT OVERCLOCKED YET!!

Installed "Windows XP Black Edition", and all the desired software included on the disk.

Then from the video card disk, I installed the drivers for the videocard, some hyper-xxxx feature, and I am not sure if DirectX 9 loaded from the disk (the link was blanked out to the directX 9 install after I got done).

After system restart the screen goes blank right after windows starts up (right after the splash screen). I believe I have some type of video driver problem and need to start the machine in safe mode to resolve. I know how to get into safe mode (havent tried it yet), but I am not sure what to do after that.

Any help would be appreciated!!
June 1, 2007 3:15:48 PM

I am not sure, but after starting in safe mode, do I need to go in and adjust the Video Settings? (Resolution/Refresh Rate)
!