ARENA - on COH TEST -- How to exit a match while playing

For exiting matches while in play as a competitor or camera-observer,
type:
/requestexitmission 1

To observe a match, click the drop-down menu "Show Ongoing Matches".
Click a match name and the greyed "Join Event" will change to "Observe
Event". Click that button to observe the event as a camera.

Cameras can be destroyed and are not allowed to interact with the
players. If you, as an Observer, are killed then clicking "Enter Hospital"
will respawn you to continue observation.

BUGS relating OBSERVE EVENT...
INSPIRATIONS can be given to players during a match.
Although your character appears as a camera model to your client
computer, in-match you appear as your player-character model (observed in
one match).

================

BUGS created during UPDATE #4 on COH TEST that I know of on April 3rd,
2005.

Text detailing what inspirations are slottable for a power on the
ENHANCEMENT MANAGEMENT SCREEN is microscopic and unreadable.

Character models in the INFO window, character ID SCREEN, and COSTUME
CHANGE window (though not in the character creation screen or the ICON
TAILOR character change screen) are incorrectly shaded all black.

Power description for PROPEL is "P2152276523"

COUNTDOWN for "Survive X Times" matches does not change. Unknown if it
actually counts down at all.

There is no clickable button or listed command for exiting ARENA
matches. Although I have listed a slash command, this is unsuitable for new
users trying the ARENA on COH TEST and will be unsuitable if this hits the
live servers like this.

Listed names on the TEMPORARY POWERS at the ARENA STORE (aside from Web
Grenade) are incorrect. The basic power functions are listed correctly
under the incorrect names.

The first HOVER one is listed as "P4032653506" with the description
"P1353066068"
The second TELEPORT one is listed as "P27379000070" with the description
"P3028098260"
The third SUPERJUMP one is listed as "P689781289" with the description
"P3046394986"
The fourth FLIGHT one is listed as "P1102346043" with the description
"P622881376"
The fifth STEALTH one is listed as "P3503143410" with the description
"P451025406"
The sixth hold power is listed as "P994909197" with the description
"P2005245620"
The seventh "WEB GRENADE" is correctly listed with the description
"P436645515"
23 answers Last reply
More about arena test exit match playing
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "George Johnson" <matrix29@voyager.net> wrote in message

    | ================
    |
    | BUGS created during UPDATE #4 on COH TEST that I know of on April 3rd,
    | 2005.
    |
    | Text detailing what inspirations are slottable for a power on the
    | ENHANCEMENT MANAGEMENT SCREEN is microscopic and unreadable.
    |
    | Character models in the INFO window, character ID SCREEN, and COSTUME
    | CHANGE window (though not in the character creation screen or the ICON
    | TAILOR character change screen) are incorrectly shaded all black.
    |
    | Power description for PROPEL is "P2152276523"
    |
    | COUNTDOWN for "Survive X Times" matches does not change. Unknown if
    it
    | actually counts down at all.
    |
    | There is no clickable button or listed command for exiting ARENA
    | matches. Although I have listed a slash command, this is unsuitable for
    new
    | users trying the ARENA on COH TEST and will be unsuitable if this hits the
    | live servers like this.
    |
    | Listed names on the TEMPORARY POWERS at the ARENA STORE (aside from
    Web
    | Grenade) are incorrect. The basic power functions are listed correctly
    | under the incorrect names.
    |
    | The first HOVER one is listed as "P4032653506" with the description
    | "P1353066068"
    | The second TELEPORT one is listed as "P27379000070" with the
    description
    | "P3028098260"
    | The third SUPERJUMP one is listed as "P689781289" with the description
    | "P3046394986"
    | The fourth FLIGHT one is listed as "P1102346043" with the description
    | "P622881376"
    | The fifth STEALTH one is listed as "P3503143410" with the description
    | "P451025406"
    | The sixth hold power is listed as "P994909197" with the description
    | "P2005245620"
    | The seventh "WEB GRENADE" is correctly listed with the description
    | "P436645515"

    Addition to BUGS list...

    TAUNT POWER is looping players into "Perma-TAUNT" and locking one player
    into solely fighting one other player.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "George Johnson" <matrix29@voyager.net> wrote:
    > For exiting matches while in play as a competitor or
    > camera-observer, type:
    > /requestexitmission 1

    I've found this a useful general bind - /bind F9 "requestexitmission 1"

    It give you a key to whack to exit a mission when you're done, rather
    than having to click the "Mission Complete" button.

    I find this extremely useful for XP cleanup after accomplishing a
    mission's objective's; it lets me tangle with red bosses and other tough
    mobs, while knowing I can blow out of a bad situation with one fast key-
    whack. I got killed more than once when a mob got out of control and I
    couldn't locate the mouse pointer fast enough to click the exit button.

    The button has no effect until you're in "Mission Complete" status. There
    doesn't seem to be a "bail on the mission" bind option.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

    "Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
    > "George Johnson" <matrix29@voyager.net> wrote:
    >> For exiting matches while in play as a competitor or
    >> camera-observer, type:
    >> /requestexitmission 1
    >
    > I've found this a useful general bind - /bind F9 "requestexitmission 1"
    >
    > It give you a key to whack to exit a mission when you're done, rather
    > than having to click the "Mission Complete" button.
    >
    > I find this extremely useful for XP cleanup after accomplishing a
    > mission's objective's; it lets me tangle with red bosses and other tough
    > mobs, while knowing I can blow out of a bad situation with one fast key-
    > whack. I got killed more than once when a mob got out of control and I
    > couldn't locate the mouse pointer fast enough to click the exit button.

    I've found flight is especially useful when it comes to running in blind
    panic from a nasty situation. It's a little awkward in most door missions
    because I don't always fly well enough to avoid a low-hanging beam or
    something, but I can usually get around whatever it is.

    My Level 22 blaster got a task to hunt Council in Independence Port. Newly
    respecced, he can take 1-3 at his level or yellow, or one orange. The orange
    *has* to be alone or I end up running. For times when mobs of the proper
    number and level weren't to be found, and since I was soloing, I developed
    the fine art of snipe-n-run. My blaster always had Build-Up and picked up
    Aim in the respec. Applying both to Zapp, I can one-shot whites or yellows
    at my level. So when where wasn't an accepable mob of Council to engage
    (and I would enagage any mob I thought I could beat), I'd pick on the larger
    mobs if they had an acceptable target among them. Since I often found the
    right mobs in and around the Green Line station, I would hit Build Up, Aim,
    Zapp, then queue flight. Once the snipe fired off, I was gone in a high arc
    for the Steel Canyon exit. Probably not the most ethical way to finish a
    mission, but it worked.

    One time I started with a mob of an Orange and 3 yellow/whites, whittling
    them down to just the orange. Even though the last little guy finished the
    mission, I went back to fight the orange. I was fainly surprised that it
    was never espawned out from under me, which also happened several times.

    --
    John Trauger,
    Vorlonagent

    "Methane martini.
    Shaken, not stirred."

    chat: @vorlonagent

    Vorlonagent (M), level 22 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
    NightfalI (M), Level 17 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
    RolIing Thunder (F), Level 17 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
    Steel Night (M), Level 16 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
    MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
    lmpact (F), Level 15 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
    Girl at the Bar (F), Level 11 Controller: Mind/Empathy, Triumph
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
    > One time I started with a mob of an Orange and 3 yellow/whites,
    > whittling them down to just the orange. Even though the last little
    > guy finished the mission, I went back to fight the orange. I was
    > fainly surprised that it was never espawned out from under me, which
    > also happened several times.

    I've learned to use Zapp with or without Buildup as a valuable soloing
    tool. My only failing is with Vampyri - the Archons look exactly the same
    as the regulars, and more than once I was in too much of a hurry or too
    confident, jumped in to take out a measly yellow or solo orange...
    ARCHON!!!... and got my cape sawed off and tied around my neck.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 28 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
    -= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
    -= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    > "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
    >> One time I started with a mob of an Orange and 3 yellow/whites,
    >> whittling them down to just the orange. Even though the last little
    >> guy finished the mission, I went back to fight the orange. I was
    >> fainly surprised that it was never espawned out from under me, which
    >> also happened several times.
    >
    > I've learned to use Zapp with or without Buildup as a valuable soloing
    > tool. My only failing is with Vampyri - the Archons look exactly the same
    > as the regulars, and more than once I was in too much of a hurry or too
    > confident, jumped in to take out a measly yellow or solo orange...
    > ARCHON!!!... and got my cape sawed off and tied around my neck.

    I haven't gotten that far yet.

    I've found that Power Thurst makes a nice set up for a combat zapp.

    I slug someone and send them flying and immidiately hit the Zapp. The bad
    guy hits and bounces, as the zapp builds up...the bad guy gets up,
    reorients...ZAPP!

    --
    John Trauger,
    Vorlonagent

    "Methane martini.
    Shaken, not stirred."

    chat: @vorlonagent

    Vorlonagent (M), level 22 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
    NightfalI (M), Level 17 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
    RolIing Thunder (F), Level 17 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
    Steel Night (M), Level 16 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
    MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
    lmpact (F), Level 15 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
    Girl at the Bar (F), Level 11 Controller: Mind/Empathy, Triumph
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
    > I've found that Power Thurst makes a nice set up for a combat zapp.
    >
    > I slug someone and send them flying and immidiately hit the Zapp. The
    > bad guy hits and bounces, as the zapp builds up...the bad guy gets up,
    > reorients...ZAPP!

    Yep. I have two one-two shots: Power Thrust plus Zapp (in either order;
    Zapp first for a snipe and PT first for melee), and Energy Punch plus Bone
    Smasher. Either will take out most yellow minions without Build Up; I've
    downed some red minions with either plus any followup shot.

    The pair of pairs lets me keep taking out foes almost without a pause.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
    -= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
    -= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    > "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
    >> I've found that Power Thurst makes a nice set up for a combat zapp.
    >>
    >> I slug someone and send them flying and immidiately hit the Zapp. The
    >> bad guy hits and bounces, as the zapp builds up...the bad guy gets up,
    >> reorients...ZAPP!
    >
    > Yep. I have two one-two shots: Power Thrust plus Zapp (in either order;
    > Zapp first for a snipe and PT first for melee), and Energy Punch plus Bone
    > Smasher. Either will take out most yellow minions without Build Up; I've
    > downed some red minions with either plus any followup shot.
    >
    > The pair of pairs lets me keep taking out foes almost without a pause.

    That's you thinking like a Tanker. I rarely choose to close to melee range.

    How are your Bone-Smasher and Energy Punch slotted?

    --
    John Trauger,
    Vorlonagent

    "Methane martini.
    Shaken, not stirred."

    chat: @vorlonagent

    Vorlonagent (M), level 22 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
    NightfalI (M), Level 17 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
    RolIing Thunder (F), Level 17 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
    Steel Night (M), Level 16 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
    MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
    lmpact (F), Level 15 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
    Girl at the Bar (F), Level 11 Controller: Mind/Empathy, Triumph

    ..
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
    >> The pair of pairs lets me keep taking out foes almost without a
    >> pause.

    > That's you thinking like a Tanker. I rarely choose to close to melee
    > range.

    Yeah, I keep learning that's a bad idea. But Glory has a HELLUVA gum-
    wrapper collection.

    It's generally okay if I close to finish with the energy punches, but a
    critical miss on the wrong foe (one of those hard-hitting Council) can
    leave me down in the dust.

    When I Zapp a dangerous target, I try to do it with Build Up, follow with
    Lighting Bolts, and then have all three energy punches ready when he
    closes on me. Usually works if the snipe doesn't draw too many pals with
    him.

    > How are your Bone-Smasher and Energy Punch slotted?

    Power Thrust: 2 Dam
    Lightning Bolt: 1 Acc, 2 Dam
    Energy Punch: 1 Acc, 2 Dam
    Bone Smasher: 1 Acc, 3 Dam
    Zapp: 1 Acc, 4 Dam

    PT seems to have a Acc buff and almost never misses; it's got lovely
    knockback and disorient, too, making it a great setup for Zapp after the
    battle has started. I know Zapp has an Acc buff, but I ran it without the
    Acc slot and it missed just too often.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
    -= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
    -= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    >> How are your Bone-Smasher and Energy Punch slotted?
    >
    > Power Thrust: 2 Dam
    > Lightning Bolt: 1 Acc, 2 Dam
    > Energy Punch: 1 Acc, 2 Dam
    > Bone Smasher: 1 Acc, 3 Dam
    > Zapp: 1 Acc, 4 Dam
    >
    > PT seems to have a Acc buff and almost never misses; it's got lovely
    > knockback and disorient, too, making it a great setup for Zapp after the
    > battle has started. I know Zapp has an Acc buff, but I ran it without the
    > Acc slot and it missed just too often.

    Agreed on both counts.

    PT hits almost every time at white or yellow but can miss against orange and
    red.

    Guess I'll keep the Acc when I upgrade my power slots to SOs. At the moment
    I can only afford to do hasten and some of conserve power.

    If you haven't picked up Aim, I suggest you do so. Like Build Up, it also
    adds to damage. Don't know how much. They are much fun stacked together
    behind an combat-opening Zapp (which I also follow with Lightning if needed)

    The Energy secondary is a great secondary to have...

    Do you have Tesla Cage? I have freinds who practically swear by it.

    --
    John Trauger,
    Vorlonagent

    "Methane martini.
    Shaken, not stirred."

    chat: @vorlonagent

    Vorlonagent (M), level 22 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
    NightfalI (M), Level 17 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
    RolIing Thunder (F), Level 17 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
    Steel Night (M), Level 16 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
    MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
    lmpact (F), Level 15 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
    Girl at the Bar (F), Level 11 Controller: Mind/Empathy, Triumph
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
    > If you haven't picked up Aim, I suggest you do so. Like Build Up, it
    > also adds to damage. Don't know how much. They are much fun stacked
    > together behind an combat-opening Zapp (which I also follow with
    > Lightning if needed)

    The short-term boosts never quite seem worthwhile. Build Up is the only one
    I've ever tried that's a good power.

    > Do you have Tesla Cage? I have freinds who practically swear by it.

    Yeah, but only one Hold duration slot. It's okay, doesn't seem to have much
    capability on anything above yellows. My fan club likes it. "Trap him! Trap
    him!"

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
    -= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
    -= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in

    > The pair of pairs lets me keep taking out foes almost without a
    > pause.

    I'm going to jerk-hack this thread, and ask:

    Who is really looking forward to PvP?

    I only ask this, because I am not that interested in PvP......

    I maight do something with my Sg....but I really don't care if I do PvP
    at all.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 04:53:07 GMT, J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net>
    wrote:

    >Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in
    >
    >> The pair of pairs lets me keep taking out foes almost without a
    >> pause.
    >>

    >I'm going to jerk-hack this thread, and ask:
    >
    >Who is really looking forward to PvP?
    >
    >I only ask this, because I am not that interested in PvP......
    >
    >I maight do something with my Sg....but I really don't care if I do PvP
    >at all.
    One on One matches hold no interest for me. But I'm at least curious
    enough to try some of the different variants of team matches with my
    sg mates. To say that I'm excited about it is really overstating it.
    I'll reserve my opinion of it until its live. Worst case, I'll go
    back to doing missions and wait for issue 5 to come out.

    When I played EQ, I mostly stayed away from the PVP servers, arena
    fights. Buit then my guild had this special PVP event, and I
    discovered that I had a great time, when I was competing with and
    against friends. Free-for-all was a blast. I don't know what it is
    about it, or me, but I get no kick out of dueling with strangers.

    -Graham
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "J Anlee" <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote in message
    > Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in
    >
    >> The pair of pairs lets me keep taking out foes almost without a
    >> pause.
    >>

    > I'm going to jerk-hack this thread, and ask:
    >
    > Who is really looking forward to PvP?
    >
    > I only ask this, because I am not that interested in PvP......

    I have no interest in PvP. I consider it inevitable if it's a part of CoV.
    As a programmer, I can see wanting to work out some bugs BEFORE release.
    The arena makes for a controlled environment.

    --
    John Trauger,
    Vorlonagent

    "Methane martini.
    Shaken, not stirred."

    chat: @vorlonagent

    Vorlonagent (M), level 22 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
    NightfalI (M), Level 17 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
    RolIing Thunder (F), Level 17 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
    Steel Night (M), Level 16 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
    MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
    lmpact (F), Level 15 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
    Girl at the Bar (F), Level 11 Controller: Mind/Empathy, Triumph
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    sw wrote:
    > The arena will serve PvP the same way Hamidon serves PvE - give people
    > an excuse to come up with the most broken, horrifying, soul-destroying
    > power combinations possible and use them to maim each other, all in an
    > area where you can be SURE that any exploits will be immediately brought
    > to your attention by the people on the receiving end ....

    So it'll be like a Magic: The Gathering tournament?
    --
    Bradd W. Szonye
    http://www.szonye.com/bradd

    J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote:
    > Downloaded the latest patch for test.

    Is Arena back up? I do want to give it a try, but every time I'm in Arena
    is down.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
    -= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
    -= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:
    > Is Arena back up? I do want to give it a try, but every time I'm in
    > Arena is down.

    It is, I see. I thought I'd drop in, do a couple of one-on-ones.

    Kee-rist! Could they make the whole "Battle Terminal" interface any more
    obtuse, complication and impossible to follow? After a good ten minutes of
    poking around, I'd figured out the basics (I think), so I put up a request
    for a Duel with any 37-42.

    Do you REALLY have to leave that stupid request screen up the whole time,
    until someone signs on? Idiots.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
    -= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
    -= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    In article <Xns9631BCB298D39nitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44>,
    Shenanigunner wrote:
    > Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:
    >> Is Arena back up? I do want to give it a try, but every time I'm in
    >> Arena is down.
    >
    > It is, I see. I thought I'd drop in, do a couple of one-on-ones.
    >
    > Kee-rist! Could they make the whole "Battle Terminal" interface any more
    > obtuse, complication and impossible to follow? After a good ten minutes of
    > poking around, I'd figured out the basics (I think), so I put up a request
    > for a Duel with any 37-42.

    I particularly enjoy how the help conveniently fails to explain what the
    various types are. "Rumble"? "Battle Royal"? "Duel"? "Rolling Fly Ranked
    Champion Battle Royale"?

    Did I say enjoy? I meant *@$&ing hate. There's nothing like going into a
    match expecting the infinite-respawns that have been prevalent in every
    other match, discovering that this is, in fact, not so, and only the
    other team knows (and is thus packing Awakens/RotP/Rez) and none of your
    team does.

    > Do you REALLY have to leave that stupid request screen up the whole time,
    > until someone signs on? Idiots.

    I'm not sure how else to do it. I'm surprised you didn't get any takers
    in a short time frame though. There's been tons of people leaping into
    any old match when I've been on.

    I know I'm always happy to pwn random people in 1v1. If only my Mind
    Controller soloed this well in PvE!

    --
    --- An' thou dost not get caught, do as thou wilt shall be the law ---
    "Religion disperses like a fog, kingdoms perish, but the works of

    In article <slrnd5baqm.ccj.bradd+news@szonye.com>, Bradd W. Szonye wrote:
    > sw wrote:
    >> The arena will serve PvP the same way Hamidon serves PvE - give people
    >> an excuse to come up with the most broken, horrifying, soul-destroying
    >> power combinations possible and use them to maim each other, all in an
    >> area where you can be SURE that any exploits will be immediately brought
    >> to your attention by the people on the receiving end ....
    >
    > So it'll be like a Magic: The Gathering tournament?

    Yes. Complete with Yu-Gi-Oh fans in the corner screaming that their game
    does it better.

    --
    --- An' thou dost not get caught, do as thou wilt shall be the law ---
    "Religion disperses like a fog, kingdoms perish, but the works of
    scholars remain for an eternity." - Ulughbek
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:11:37 GMT, J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote:

    > When the observer does become invisible/intangible it will be nice to
    > watch grudge matches.......

    Don't think that'll ever happen. Too much potential for spy-twinking
    with external communication systems like Teamspeak, IMs, or even the
    telephone.

    --
    Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
    Robotech_Master |
    | http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote:
    > I *think* SW was also looking ahead to City of Villains, when PVP
    > moves outside the arena.

    No one has to play CoV, either. I can see the appeal of taking the CoH
    milieu to a PvP platform, but I think there's quite a few of us who aren't
    really interested.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
    -= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
    -= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
    -= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
    -= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    In article <Xns96325AF9A54EBnitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44>,
    Shenanigunner wrote:
    > Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote:
    >> I *think* SW was also looking ahead to City of Villains, when PVP
    >> moves outside the arena.
    >
    > No one has to play CoV, either. I can see the appeal of taking the CoH
    > milieu to a PvP platform, but I think there's quite a few of us who aren't
    > really interested.

    Most of the people I play with aren't likely to be very interested in
    CoV-vs-CoH PvP. I just hope it won't turn into something where those who
    don't
    take part in PvP are at a disadvantage in terms of goodies (in much the
    same way that those who don't take part in RAIDING TEH HAMIDONZOR are
    going to be less potent than those who do).

    --
    --- An' thou dost not get caught, do as thou wilt shall be the law ---
    "Religion disperses like a fog, kingdoms perish, but the works of
    scholars remain for an eternity." - Ulughbek
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    In article <slrnd5d7lc.qe.robotech@terrania.homelinux.org>,
    Robotech_Master wrote:
    > For myself, I'm not terribly interested in PVP (though I do confess to
    > wanting to see just how much my Dark/Dark Defender will "pwn," after
    > they get the most egregious bugs worked out)

    I will completely destroy you with the overwhelming, unspeakable power
    of Mind Control/Empathy, the pwnage that none can stand against, unless
    they're a damnable Moment of Glory scrapper or something.

    ....damn MoG scrappers...

    All who use pets will feel the long-repressed wrath of Mind Control!
    None shall be spared!

    Unless they have Phase Shift.

    Damnable Phase Shift.

    This is precisely why I dread the coming of PvP to the live servers.

    --
    --- An' thou dost not get caught, do as thou wilt shall be the law ---
    "Religion disperses like a fog, kingdoms perish, but the works of
    scholars remain for an eternity." - Ulughbek
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 15:10:12 +0000 (UTC), sw <sw@eyrie.org> wrote:
    > In article <slrnd5baqm.ccj.bradd+news@szonye.com>, Bradd W. Szonye wrote:
    >> sw wrote:

    >>> The arena will serve PvP the same way Hamidon serves PvE - give people
    >>> an excuse to come up with the most broken, horrifying, soul-destroying
    >>> power combinations possible and use them to maim each other, all in an
    >>> area where you can be SURE that any exploits will be immediately
    >>> brought
    >>> to your attention by the people on the receiving end ....
    >>
    >> So it'll be like a Magic: The Gathering tournament?
    >
    > Yes. Complete with Yu-Gi-Oh fans in the corner screaming that their game
    > does it better.

    So that's why the anime expansion gets in the same issue as the Arena! ^_^

    good sign." -G

Cameras Video Games