Sign in with
Your question

Formatted laptop preinstalled windows8, now i cant install windows 8

Last response: in Windows 8
December 20, 2012 11:34:56 AM

i got a new asus laptop with preinstalled windows 8, then i formatted it and install win7. but i have not found the all drivers. so i want to install windows 8 again with a dvd but when the installation started, after selecting language i got an error that said the product key did'nt match and exit the installation.
a b D Laptop
December 20, 2012 11:50:51 AM

did you go to asus webside first and look for your laptop model page for drivers?
m
l
December 20, 2012 11:53:17 AM

Well format the drive with the windows 7 disk, restart it and boot from the windows 8.
m
l
Related resources
December 20, 2012 11:53:23 AM

Well format the drive with the windows 7 disk, restart it and boot from the windows 8.
m
l
a b D Laptop
a b * Windows 8
December 20, 2012 11:55:36 AM

where did you get the windows 8 dvd?
m
l
December 20, 2012 12:06:05 PM

i don't want to install win 7, just windows 8.

i formatted win 7 disk but windows 8 installation failed.
m
l
December 20, 2012 12:08:40 PM

my friend bought an original windows 8 64 bit dvd and i copied it :)  he hasn'nt installed windows 8 yet.
m
l
December 20, 2012 12:40:19 PM

The licensing/activation of the system builders copy of W8 isn't the same as the commercial W8 (Google: Microsoft OA3); there should have been a (hidden) restore partition, if you have deleted it you will have to contact the manufacturers.
m
l
December 20, 2012 12:48:01 PM

when installed win 7, i deleted all partitions unfortunately.
m
l
a b D Laptop
December 20, 2012 12:56:18 PM

All laptop owners should burn restore discs as the 1st thing they do with it. Unfortunately they never do and regret when need to reinstall OS.

Now you have to go to manufacturer's website and buy the restore discs. Usually the cost is around US$30.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
December 20, 2012 1:43:45 PM

mendebur said:
when installed win 7, i deleted all partitions unfortunately.
this is the first I ever saw that a laptop is issued a copy of windows OS.

I have only ever seen an repair setup or a recover disk setup. You are the first in history to have such a deal. Specially when the embedded code is designed by the hardware manufacture.

Please give model no of laptop so we can assist you
m
l
a b * Windows 8
December 20, 2012 1:53:50 PM

mendebur said:
my friend bought an original windows 8 64 bit dvd and i copied it :)  he hasn'nt installed windows 8 yet.

You can use any copy of widows 8, and use different keys. Example I have 3 computers in my house I setup windows 8 on the 3 Using the same cd key.

What I did was activated the setup, and during that activate I choose buy new cdkey.
m
l
December 21, 2012 6:33:06 AM

gomerpile said:
this is the first I ever saw that a laptop is issued a copy of windows OS.

I have only ever seen an repair setup or a recover disk setup. You are the first in history to have such a deal. Specially when the embedded code is designed by the hardware manufacture.

Please give model no of laptop so we can assist you

laptop is asus N56VZ. i think that the error is about the embedded code. because in the error message, it says the product key doesn't mach. but i haven't entered any key, it is the begining of installation.
m
l
December 21, 2012 12:05:48 PM

Because it was it was a pre installed, os set by the factory on a partition set aside of the image of the os, windows 8 would of checked this if it existed and extracted the licence key from it for windows 8. If the disk is the upgrade install of windows 8 from windows 7 it would of extracted the windows 7 key checked it was legit and continued the install of windows 8. Since you have none installed on the system it is the reason for the error.
m
l
December 21, 2012 12:47:17 PM

i solved the problem. i got the error when i tried to install windows 8 non installed system formatted laptop. then i started installation windows on win 7 installed system and the installation has finished successfully.

thanks every body :) 
m
l
June 11, 2013 4:43:48 AM

mendebur said:
i got a new asus laptop with preinstalled windows 8, then i formatted it and install win7. but i have not found the all drivers. so i want to install windows 8 again with a dvd but when the installation started, after selecting language i got an error that said the product key did'nt match and exit the installation.

m
l
!