FOX AND HDTV

Last response: in Home Theatre
January 18, 2005 10:31:02 PM

2 Years ago when I purchased a HDTV, Fox only had EDTV or something less
than full 1080 HD. Has that changed. My cable is call their FOX feed HDTV
and by the picture it isn't close. thx...

More about : fox hdtv

January 19, 2005 2:13:02 AM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:31:02 -0800, "Mike O'Neill" <kelmo7@cox.net>
wrote:

> 2 Years ago when I purchased a HDTV, Fox only had EDTV or something less
>than full 1080 HD. Has that changed. My cable is call their FOX feed HDTV
>and by the picture it isn't close. thx...

Fox Hd is 720P. How are you receiving FoxHD?

Gary
January 19, 2005 3:25:50 PM

You got it right. Rupert Murdoch wanted his stations to carry 5 analog
channels each, so none were equipped for HD...their max was a very
occasional 480p and only on some stations at that. They finally saw the
handwriting on the wall and now broadcast a 720p HD signal....good choice
since they are heavily into sports...which benefits from the 720p standard.
Your station has probably not upgraded to the necessary and expensive gear
necessary to broadcast true HD. The announcements you see come from the
NETWORK...not the station.

"Mike O'Neill" <kelmo7@cox.net> wrote in message
> 2 Years ago when I purchased a HDTV, Fox only had EDTV or something less
> than full 1080 HD. Has that changed. My cable is call their FOX feed HDTV
> and by the picture it isn't close. thx...

January 19, 2005 9:00:35 PM

I'm not receiving FOX HD, Cox Cable in San Diego, is claiming to provide
FOX HD. I'm with Direct TV. I pick up most thru OTA,
"Gary" <golferace2@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:31:02 -0800, "Mike O'Neill" <kelmo7@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> 2 Years ago when I purchased a HDTV, Fox only had EDTV or something
>> less
>>than full 1080 HD. Has that changed. My cable is call their FOX feed HDTV
>>and by the picture it isn't close. thx...
>>

> Fox Hd is 720P. How are you receiving FoxHD?
>

> Gary
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 11:33:05 PM

In article <chnru0hq4qg45bsctpknf86g9s38g9vs4f@4ax.com>, Gary
<golferace2@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:31:02 -0800, "Mike O'Neill" <kelmo7@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> > 2 Years ago when I purchased a HDTV, Fox only had EDTV or something less
> >than full 1080 HD. Has that changed. My cable is call their FOX feed HDTV
> >and by the picture it isn't close. thx...
> >

> Fox Hd is 720P. How are you receiving FoxHD?
>

> Gary

Probably OTA like I do. MLB playoffs looked great and I'm really
looking forward to the SuperBowl.

--
Deja Moo: I've seen this bullshit before.

My address has been anti-spammed.
Please reply to: scasse@invalid.net replacing invalid with sonic.
!