Setting-up WinXP Home

Adam

Hi:

I am setting-up WinXP Home and notice that new windows open when I open any
folder after clicking on My Computer, instead of replacing the open window.
For example, if I select My Computer=>Local Disk(C)=>Documents and Settings,
etc., I will have 3 open windows in the taskbar and it quickly gets crowded.
How do I restore the setting where new windows replace open windows?

Thanks.

Adam

Hi,

Tools/Folder Options, on the general tab change the option to open each
folder in the same window.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"adam" <adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I am setting-up WinXP Home and notice that new windows open when I open
> any
> folder after clicking on My Computer, instead of replacing the open
> window.
> For example, if I select My Computer=>Local Disk(C)=>Documents and
> Settings,
> etc., I will have 3 open windows in the taskbar and it quickly gets
> crowded.
> How do I restore the setting where new windows replace open windows?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Adam

Adam

Thank you very much!