Playing computer dvd's on regular DVD player

I know this is a newbie question but please be patient.

I am going to get a DVD player/recorder for my new computer. I have
hundreds and hundreds of digital photos from my rose gardens. If I
record JPEG's form my rose collestion photos will I be able to play
that DVD on any DVD player?

TIA

Larry
2 answers Last reply
More about playing computer regular player

    Maybe. That depends entirely on whether the DVD player is capable of
    playing jpegs, most older ones are not. What will work on most dvd players
    is to create a dvd slideshow of your pictures. There are many programs that
    can be used to do this. What the software does is create a movie of the
    individual pictures. I use MemoriesToTV and it works great.

    "Loring Hutchinson" <loringh@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    I know this is a newbie question but please be patient.

    I am going to get a DVD player/recorder for my new computer. I have
    hundreds and hundreds of digital photos from my rose gardens. If I
    record JPEG's form my rose collestion photos will I be able to play
    that DVD on any DVD player?

    TIA

    Larry

    yeah, there are a lot softwares out there can help you creat a custom
    photo slideshow and convert it to VCD/DVD. I use photo2VCD/DVD on a
    daily basis. you can give it a shot,I think the result is satisfactory.

    http://www.photo2vcd.com
    http://www.photo2dvd.com

DVD DVD Players Computers Windows XP