Playing computer dvd's on regular DVD player

I know this is a newbie question but please be patient.

I am going to get a DVD player/recorder for my new computer. I have
hundreds and hundreds of digital photos from my rose gardens. If I
record JPEG's form my rose collestion photos will I be able to play
that DVD on any DVD player?

TIA

Larry

Jimbo

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004

Maybe. That depends entirely on whether the DVD player is capable of
playing jpegs, most older ones are not. What will work on most dvd players
is to create a dvd slideshow of your pictures. There are many programs that
can be used to do this. What the software does is create a movie of the
individual pictures. I use MemoriesToTV and it works great.

"Loring Hutchinson" <loringh@earthlink.net> wrote in message
I know this is a newbie question but please be patient.

I am going to get a DVD player/recorder for my new computer. I have
hundreds and hundreds of digital photos from my rose gardens. If I
record JPEG's form my rose collestion photos will I be able to play
that DVD on any DVD player?

TIA

Larry

yeah, there are a lot softwares out there can help you creat a custom
photo slideshow and convert it to VCD/DVD. I use photo2VCD/DVD on a
daily basis. you can give it a shot,I think the result is satisfactory.

http://www.photo2vcd.com
http://www.photo2dvd.com