Playing computer dvd's on regular DVD player

May 30, 2005 9:31:08 PM

I know this is a newbie question but please be patient.

I am going to get a DVD player/recorder for my new computer. I have
hundreds and hundreds of digital photos from my rose gardens. If I
record JPEG's form my rose collestion photos will I be able to play
that DVD on any DVD player?

TIA

Larry
May 30, 2005 9:56:47 PM

Maybe. That depends entirely on whether the DVD player is capable of
playing jpegs, most older ones are not. What will work on most dvd players
is to create a dvd slideshow of your pictures. There are many programs that
can be used to do this. What the software does is create a movie of the
individual pictures. I use MemoriesToTV and it works great.

"Loring Hutchinson" <loringh@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:p c7p9159e4i9kbam73mvs7h6ph27lvke06@4ax.com...
I know this is a newbie question but please be patient.

I am going to get a DVD player/recorder for my new computer. I have
hundreds and hundreds of digital photos from my rose gardens. If I
record JPEG's form my rose collestion photos will I be able to play
that DVD on any DVD player?

TIA

Larry
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 10:04:23 PM

yeah, there are a lot softwares out there can help you creat a custom
photo slideshow and convert it to VCD/DVD. I use photo2VCD/DVD on a
daily basis. you can give it a shot,I think the result is satisfactory.

http://www.photo2vcd.com
http://www.photo2dvd.com
!