Best place to configure a gaming PC?

washington123

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
Hey guys,
I was looking at IBUYPOWER.com to build a PC. However, their reseller ratings are very very low. Are there other sites that will build a computer for you that also offer the low prices of IBUYPOWER.COM? I do not know how to build a system by myself. Thank you.

Dell, HP, etc are out of the question as you can not overclock them. I would like a custom built pc that I can overclock. Your help will be much appreciated.

akahuddy

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
For your pocketbooks sake and your computing pleasure take some time to learn about PC's. Hang out in the forums and learn a little bit about good rigs.
Then go to Newegg. They have everything under the sun.

For a quick lesson on how to build a PC, I would just look into a recent thread a dad posted about letting his two young children build a PC. It will show you a lot of what you need.

billdcat4

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
For your pocketbooks sake and your computing pleasure take some time to learn about PC's. Hang out in the forums and learn a little bit about good rigs.
Then go to Newegg. They have everything under the sun.

For a quick lesson on how to build a PC, I would just look into a recent thread a dad posted about letting his two young children build a PC. It will show you a lot of what you need.

Whatever you do, do NOT buy from Ibuypower, or Cyberpower PC. As far as I know, there is no builder in that price range that is reliable.

Build it yourself, you will have a much better job.
here is the page for the guy who built a pc with his children:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=1689012#1689012

An interesting, ok build.

If you want ideas for how to spend your money, the people on this forum can help a lot