"limited" user accounts

May 30, 2005 4:41:01 PM

I am my home's account admin. I set up my family's individual user accounts,
and I remember being able to select from several levels when creating the
accounts, depending on the age of the users (husband="adult" account, but
kids="younger" or "older teen" accounts). Now I cannot find how to change
the limited user account types/levels as my kids grow older. How do I do
this? Thanks in advance!

More about : limited user accounts

Anonymous
May 30, 2005 7:58:46 PM

Hi,

Click start/run, type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 and click ok.

Click on the user, then on properties. You can change their level on the
group membership tab.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"JE" <JE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am my home's account admin. I set up my family's individual user
>accounts,
> and I remember being able to select from several levels when creating the
> accounts, depending on the age of the users (husband="adult" account, but
> kids="younger" or "older teen" accounts). Now I cannot find how to change
> the limited user account types/levels as my kids grow older. How do I do
> this? Thanks in advance!
May 30, 2005 7:58:47 PM

Thanks for your input. I found what you directed me to. However, in each
user's Properties, I do not see the age groups that I originally set up.
Instead, I see Standard User, Restricted User, and Other, which is broken
down into task/power levels. It is very curious to me that the age thing has
disappeared. I am wondering if this could have been deliberately altered by
someone, and I would like to fix it. Thanks again.

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Click start/run, type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 and click ok.
>
> Click on the user, then on properties. You can change their level on the
> group membership tab.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "JE" <JE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am my home's account admin. I set up my family's individual user
> >accounts,
> > and I remember being able to select from several levels when creating the
> > accounts, depending on the age of the users (husband="adult" account, but
> > kids="younger" or "older teen" accounts). Now I cannot find how to change
> > the limited user account types/levels as my kids grow older. How do I do
> > this? Thanks in advance!
May 31, 2005 12:53:06 AM

Hi,

Any "age" designated levels would have been created by the system
manufacturer. By default, an XP Home system will have limited and admin
accounts, and an XP Pro system will also have power users (sort of in the
middle). I would look under "other".

--

> Thanks for your input. I found what you directed me to. However, in each
> user's Properties, I do not see the age groups that I originally set up.
> Instead, I see Standard User, Restricted User, and Other, which is broken
> down into task/power levels. It is very curious to me that the age thing
> has
> disappeared. I am wondering if this could have been deliberately altered
> by
> someone, and I would like to fix it. Thanks again.
>
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Click start/run, type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 and click ok.
>>
>> Click on the user, then on properties. You can change their level on the
>> group membership tab.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "JE" <JE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am my home's account admin. I set up my family's individual user
>> >accounts,
>> > and I remember being able to select from several levels when creating
>> > the
>> > accounts, depending on the age of the users (husband="adult" account,
>> > but
>> > kids="younger" or "older teen" accounts). Now I cannot find how to
>> > change
>> > the limited user account types/levels as my kids grow older. How do I
>> > do
>> > this? Thanks in advance!
May 31, 2005 12:53:07 AM

Go to