Two questions (launcher & PB)

Has anyone made a custom multiplayer launcher for Q3? The build in launcher
takes too long gathering over 2000 servers to play on and does not make it
easy to find servers to play on fast or to build a favorites list. Hopefully
there is something available that is not asscociated with Gamespy/Fileplanet
etc. I just don't like them.

The second question is, I don't want PB on my system as I am just not
willing to sign away my privacy rights to them. Is it possible to find
relatively cheat free servers or is cheating a way of life now in Q3? I've
not played multiplayer in a long time and I know I am going to get my ass
beat anyway for being so rusty but at least I'd perfer to lose to player
talent versus talentless hackers and tweekers.

Thanks

Tremble ye! for upon this sandbank of Apophis Net Resident

The All-Seeing Eye: http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/ IIRC

> The second question is, I don't want PB on my system as I am just not
> willing to sign away my privacy rights to them. Is it possible to find
> relatively cheat free servers or is cheating a way of life now in Q3?
> I've not played multiplayer in a long time and I know I am going to
> get my ass beat anyway for being so rusty but at least I'd perfer to
> lose to player talent versus talentless hackers and tweekers.
>
> Thanks

"I see what the nhh-stars do, because so fair is their shape; it is
well for me with them and it is well for them. I am a nhh-star, the
companion of a nhh-star, I become a nhh-star, and I will not suffer for
ever."
EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.co.uk
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake/EvilBill/

EvilBill wrote:
> Tremble ye! for upon this sandbank of Apophis Net Resident
> <none@nospame.net> wrote:
>> Has anyone made a custom multiplayer launcher for Q3? The build in
>> launcher takes too long gathering over 2000 servers to play on and
>> does not make it easy to find servers to play on fast or to build a
>> favorites list. Hopefully there is something available that is not
>> asscociated with Gamespy/Fileplanet etc. I just don't like them.
>>

> The All-Seeing Eye: http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/ IIRC

Thanks for the reply. That appears to be a trialware app. Not that I mind
paying for what I use but I'm not so sure I am willing to spend money on
something I play fairly casually these days. Has anyone made any freeware
apps that perhaps have less features?

Or perhaps from another angle - Is there a way to fine tune the built in
multiplayer server finder?

Thanks again

Net Resident wrote:

> The second question is, I don't want PB on my system as I am just not
> willing to sign away my privacy rights to them. Is it possible to find
> relatively cheat free servers or is cheating a way of life now in Q3? I've
> not played multiplayer in a long time and I know I am going to get my ass
> beat anyway for being so rusty but at least I'd perfer to lose to player
> talent versus talentless hackers and tweekers.

Best is to delete the "pb" folder or just do not install it! As you can
guess, all servers without PB will be highly frequented by cheaters.

Hendrik

Hendrik Thole wrote:
> Net Resident wrote:
>
>> The second question is, I don't want PB on my system as I am just not
>> willing to sign away my privacy rights to them. Is it possible to
>> find relatively cheat free servers or is cheating a way of life now
>> in Q3? I've not played multiplayer in a long time and I know I am
>> going to get my ass beat anyway for being so rusty but at least I'd
>> perfer to lose to player talent versus talentless hackers and
>> tweekers.
>
> Best is to delete the "pb" folder or just do not install it! As you
> can guess, all servers without PB will be highly frequented by
> cheaters.
>
> Hendrik

That is unfortunate.....but it comes as no surprise :(

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Net Resident wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. That appears to be a trialware app. Not that I
> mind paying for what I use but I'm not so sure I am willing to spend
> money on something I play fairly casually these days. Has anyone made
> any freeware apps that perhaps have less features?

Yes it is trailware but you can use it indeffinately without having to
pay.Just click try for another 7 days when asked.
There are others but ASE is probably the best.
Try googling for the others.

> Or perhaps from another angle - Is there a way to fine tune the built
> in multiplayer server finder?

Nope.that's why most use ASE.

> Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS