need advice ASUS MW221U 22'widescreen

anticupidon

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
i received a leter from my local hardware dealer and he said that this asus monitor is a very good deal 349 euros
well i reckon at this price it's a steal....
but as i learned here at tom's never buy anything before reading rewiews and others's opionion
i searched for rewiews but ... i did not find nothing relevant
on a spanish site one person who actually bought it said that this monitor claims to have a 2ms response time but if you enable a setting in the monitor's menu if not...lousy lousy image
well want a monitor for gaming so lower response time is a must...
so please if anyone can point me in the right direction...

anticupidon

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
sorry for not posting in the right section .it was after my first cup of cofee and generally i need at least 2 to wake up my bad
btw mpilchfamily nice avatar...it suits you :wink:

InteliotInside

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
I've got the monitor right now.

'Best bang for the buck' would be the most accurate way to describe it. As you noticed, the monitor is price quite competitively and it looks good to boot. It's got fast response times (2ms), dual outputs (DVI) and is pretty customisable. It's also built pretty solidly, it doesn't look like it's going to snap under pressure and it even has a metal covered base for some style.

Standard elements of a 22". 1680 x1050 resolutions, wide screen and it is stunning.

The bad part is that there's a little bit of light bleeding on the edges, especially at the top. The good news to this bad news (XD) is that you won't notice it while you're surfing the net, watching some movies, doing office tasks or playing some games. You'll notice it during pitch black scenes in movies or games, but it isn't very worrying (at least to me).

Have a look around at other monitors, and if the ASUS is priced near the bottom, then go for it. It's definitely better than most of the other panels at its price range!