  • Servers
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 4, 2005 11:04:28 PM

Lately I've spent some time on the British server Defiant. The one word
that comes to mind is "lol", and not in a good way.

One of the most remarkable facts is that I can't say I have seen one
tanker (except my own) who was not a fire tanker. Certainly all the
tankers I have teamed with have been fire. (Then again I am still fairly
low level.) In all fairness I took one fire tanker to 14 myself before I
realized the imbalance and made an Invulnerable.

The cluelessness exceeds that of the American servers by a wide margin.
Yesterday I was in a pickup team with two fire tankers, my inv. tanker and
a scrapper. We were doing a door mission belonging to the highest of them,
so mobs were red and purple to me, purple to the two others. This did not
look too good, I thought as we surveyed the hordes. "What are we waiting
for?" asked the scrapper, and ran into the middle of the pack.
Next, we get a defender and a controller. Yay, a bubble defender! Except
he does not bubble even one of us. Instead he decides he is now the tanker
of the team, attacking first with his wonderful lightning power, and
aggroing the entire room. Luckily the controller is good, and we survive
for quite a while, although my entire tray full of only catch-a-breath is
given to her piece by piece until empty. And then we all die horribly.

I wish this was an exception, but it is pretty much an ordinary day in the
life of Defiant. Unbalanced teams, people playing against their archetype,
team leaders not knowing what a defender is or that force fields exist.
Were we really that clueless last spring? I cannot remember it. Oh yeah,
and I thought Americans had bad manners. Well, now I'm one illusion poorer.

My best theory is that all the clueful Europeans already play on the US
servers. The ones who play on CoH EU are the ones who hadn't heard of CoH
until they happened upon it in the shop.

good sign." -G

More about : coh

Anonymous
April 4, 2005 11:04:29 PM

Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no> wrote in
news:o psopwdqj2b52ai9@news.online.no:

[snip]

> I wish this was an exception, but it is pretty much an ordinary day in
> the life of Defiant. Unbalanced teams, people playing against their
> archetype, team leaders not knowing what a defender is or that force
> fields exist. Were we really that clueless last spring? I cannot
> remember it. Oh yeah, and I thought Americans had bad manners. Well,
> now I'm one illusion poorer.

[snip]

Funny, that made me think of something (apologies in advance for the
stereotypes, here): When playing Ultima Online, I used to play almost
exclusively on non-us servers (Drachenfels being my favourite) for the
simple reason that most of the Americans on the US servers were rude,
childish and just plain moronic. The Germans, on the other hand, tended to
be friendly, helpful and most tolerant of a guy who's only German includes
"guten tag" and "jawohl"

I've notice in CoH, though, that 95% of the people I've met up with have
actually been decent human beings :)  I've teamed with Americans from the
ages of 12 to 50 and almost all of them have not only been fun to play
with, but had some pretty decent conversations with 'em.

(This is not to say, however, that there aren't just as many Canadian butt-
wipes out there, as well :)

--
Marc Bissonnette
CGI / Database / Web Management Tools: http://www.internalysis.com
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 11:04:29 PM

Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no> wrote:
> One of the most remarkable facts is that I can't say I have seen one
> tanker (except my own) who was not a fire tanker. Certainly all the
> tankers I have teamed with have been fire. (Then again I am still
> fairly low level.) In all fairness I took one fire tanker to 14 myself
> before I realized the imbalance and made an Invulnerable.

I really don't know what the "imbalance" issue is, except that
Invulnerable seems to be the brainless choice of players who were unable
to play Doom or Half-Life except in "God" mode. I suppose being sooo un-
damageable and never having to kick on a protection toggle is a plus to
some, but... sheesh. I don't think my fire tank is "unbalanced" because I
have to pay a little more attention and play with a little more skill. I
chose it as a newbie, but wouldn't change it now even if I could. I've
played some with the other builds. Yeah; okay.

As for why it's so popular, it's got a cool animation set and strikes a
better balance for most players than Invuln. (Stone is cool, too, but I
tried it and didn't like the animations much.)

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

"Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
news:o psopwdqj2b52ai9@news.online.no
| Lately I've spent some time on the British server Defiant. The one
| word that comes to mind is "lol", and not in a good way.
|
| One of the most remarkable facts is that I can't say I have seen one
| tanker (except my own) who was not a fire tanker. Certainly all the
| tankers I have teamed with have been fire. (Then again I am still
| fairly low level.) In all fairness I took one fire tanker to 14
| myself before I realized the imbalance and made an Invulnerable.
|
| The cluelessness exceeds that of the American servers by a wide
| margin. Yesterday I was in a pickup team with two fire tankers, my
| inv. tanker and a scrapper. We were doing a door mission belonging to
| the highest of them, so mobs were red and purple to me, purple to the
| two others. This did not look too good, I thought as we surveyed the
| hordes. "What are we waiting for?" asked the scrapper, and ran into
| the middle of the pack.
| Next, we get a defender and a controller. Yay, a bubble defender!
| Except he does not bubble even one of us. Instead he decides he is
| now the tanker of the team, attacking first with his wonderful
| lightning power, and aggroing the entire room. Luckily the
| controller is good, and we survive for quite a while, although my
| entire tray full of only catch-a-breath is given to her piece by
| piece until empty. And then we all die horribly.
|
| I wish this was an exception, but it is pretty much an ordinary day
| in the life of Defiant. Unbalanced teams, people playing against
| their archetype, team leaders not knowing what a defender is or that
| force fields exist. Were we really that clueless last spring? I
| cannot remember it. Oh yeah, and I thought Americans had bad manners.
| Well, now I'm one illusion poorer.
|
| My best theory is that all the clueful Europeans already play on the
| US servers. The ones who play on CoH EU are the ones who hadn't heard
| of CoH until they happened upon it in the shop.
|
| --
| "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not
| a good sign." -G

Good manners and teamwork are often learned through the School of Hard
Knocks if not the Academy of Good Graces.
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 11:16:56 PM

Magnus Itland wrote:

> My best theory is that all the clueful Europeans already play on the US
> servers. The ones who play on CoH EU are the ones who hadn't heard of CoH
> until they happened upon it in the shop.

Well, I like to think so myself ;-)

I've not been on the UK servers since Beta, but what you described what
pretty much what I encountered there. I put it down to a lack of play time
for most people at that point.

--
| Victory Server: Global chat handle: @JohnP |
| Brother Grim - Level 37 Scrapper (Broadsword/Regeneration) |

>I've not been on the UK servers since Beta, but what you described
what
>pretty much what I encountered there. I put it down to a lack of play
time
>for most people at that point.

I think that's it. The numbers of players on Defiant has been slowly
climbing, so they're must be a lot of new players coming into the
game. I also know a few people who hit 50, restarted and were taken
back the clueless of people in low level area like The Hallows.

At level 33 the OP typical night isn't anything like mine. Apart from
one person I know people play the role their char is meant to. Level 33
is pretty much the tail end of where players who got it at release are
at. Give it a few months and they would all reached max level and
started alts. Then you probably find a better balance of low level
chars that know what they are doing.

And I wouldn't say fire tankers are the norm. I've played with all
types. If anything its high level controllers and defenders that
aren't emps that are rare. (But since I'm an emp I can't complain
to much about that!!)
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 12:02:01 AM

John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote in

> The upcoming changes have left me to trying to push to lvl 39 at the
> least before I4 goes live and then I'll be able to perma-MoG if that
> turns out to be the way I have to go for team survival.

I have MoG, but I mainly use it as last resort before I phase out of fight
to rest, or when coming up on 2 or more sappers.

It is still fun to hit MoG around a level 20 defender......

OMG....(MoG)....Run!

HEAL-HEAL-HEAL How can I miss the heals on <insert MoG scrapper's name>
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 5:37:32 AM

bombaymix schrieb:

> Level 33 is pretty much the tail end of where players who got it at
> release are at.

Not quite. I've been playing since the Euro beta started and my main is
at 15 now after a LOT of hard honest work. 2 blips
until 16 and I can FINALLY super jump. Made a few bad decisions in the
past (medicine pool with 2 powers :( ) and am in the perma debt club.
(blaster).

I also play a couple of alts, my highest one is 12 at the mo'.

> And I wouldn't say fire tankers are the norm. I've played with all
> types.

So do I. My tanker is an invul/ice one.

~T.
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 8:55:49 AM

How do you log on to the British server?

"Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
news:o psopwdqj2b52ai9@news.online.no...
> Lately I've spent some time on the British server Defiant. The one word
> that comes to mind is "lol", and not in a good way.
>
> One of the most remarkable facts is that I can't say I have seen one
> tanker (except my own) who was not a fire tanker. Certainly all the
> tankers I have teamed with have been fire. (Then again I am still fairly
> low level.) In all fairness I took one fire tanker to 14 myself before I
> realized the imbalance and made an Invulnerable.
>
> The cluelessness exceeds that of the American servers by a wide margin.
> Yesterday I was in a pickup team with two fire tankers, my inv. tanker and
> a scrapper. We were doing a door mission belonging to the highest of them,
> so mobs were red and purple to me, purple to the two others. This did not
> look too good, I thought as we surveyed the hordes. "What are we waiting
> for?" asked the scrapper, and ran into the middle of the pack.
> Next, we get a defender and a controller. Yay, a bubble defender! Except
> he does not bubble even one of us. Instead he decides he is now the tanker
> of the team, attacking first with his wonderful lightning power, and
> aggroing the entire room. Luckily the controller is good, and we survive
> for quite a while, although my entire tray full of only catch-a-breath is
> given to her piece by piece until empty. And then we all die horribly.
>
> I wish this was an exception, but it is pretty much an ordinary day in the
> life of Defiant. Unbalanced teams, people playing against their archetype,
> team leaders not knowing what a defender is or that force fields exist.
> Were we really that clueless last spring? I cannot remember it. Oh yeah,
> and I thought Americans had bad manners. Well, now I'm one illusion
> poorer.
>
> My best theory is that all the clueful Europeans already play on the US
> servers. The ones who play on CoH EU are the ones who hadn't heard of CoH
> until they happened upon it in the shop.
>
> --
> "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
> good sign." -G
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 11:54:50 AM

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 22:59:59 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
wrote:

>They design scrappers to be the AT for soloists.
>They introduce criticals and Statesman declares Scrappers to be "the
>boss killers".
>Then they get all bent out of shape when people play scrappers solo and
>kill the big bosses. WTF?

Double response. Sorry, early and too quick on the post button...

Anyway, they aren't bent out of shape because people are soloing the
"big bosses". They're bent out of shape because people are soloing
ARCHVILLAINS and MONSTERS. "Boss killer" referred to BOSSES.
Archvillains and monsters aren't "big bosses", they're archvillains
and monsters.

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 12:57:06 PM

You can do that by installing the European CoH client.

~T.

Clem Clambake schrieb:
> How do you log on to the British server?
>
> "Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
> news:o psopwdqj2b52ai9@news.online.no...
>
>>Lately I've spent some time on the British server Defiant. The one word
>>that comes to mind is "lol", and not in a good way.
>>
>>One of the most remarkable facts is that I can't say I have seen one
>>tanker (except my own) who was not a fire tanker. Certainly all the
>>tankers I have teamed with have been fire. (Then again I am still fairly
>>low level.) In all fairness I took one fire tanker to 14 myself before I
>>realized the imbalance and made an Invulnerable.
>>
>>The cluelessness exceeds that of the American servers by a wide margin.
>>Yesterday I was in a pickup team with two fire tankers, my inv. tanker and
>>a scrapper. We were doing a door mission belonging to the highest of them,
>>so mobs were red and purple to me, purple to the two others. This did not
>>look too good, I thought as we surveyed the hordes. "What are we waiting
>>for?" asked the scrapper, and ran into the middle of the pack.
>>Next, we get a defender and a controller. Yay, a bubble defender! Except
>>he does not bubble even one of us. Instead he decides he is now the tanker
>>of the team, attacking first with his wonderful lightning power, and
>>aggroing the entire room. Luckily the controller is good, and we survive
>>for quite a while, although my entire tray full of only catch-a-breath is
>>given to her piece by piece until empty. And then we all die horribly.
>>
>>I wish this was an exception, but it is pretty much an ordinary day in the
>>life of Defiant. Unbalanced teams, people playing against their archetype,
>>team leaders not knowing what a defender is or that force fields exist.
>>Were we really that clueless last spring? I cannot remember it. Oh yeah,
>>and I thought Americans had bad manners. Well, now I'm one illusion
>>poorer.
>>
>>My best theory is that all the clueful Europeans already play on the US
>>servers. The ones who play on CoH EU are the ones who hadn't heard of CoH
>>until they happened upon it in the shop.
>>
>>--
>>"When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
>>good sign." -G

Anonymous
April 6, 2005 4:38:12 PM

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 04:55:49 GMT, Clem Clambake <clemclambake@yahoo.coma>
wrote:

> How do you log on to the British server?

There is a separate version of the game developed for European players.
(You can choose between 3 different languages to play in, that's really
the only difference.) You have to buy the game over again and pay
subscription fees for that game, so most people don't have both unless
they live in extremely rich countries like Norway. ^_^

good sign." -G
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 5:55:04 PM

Xocyll wrote:

> This i'm going to have trouble believing, simply because there were so
> many times my regen scrapper just barely survived with issue _2_ regen
> levels.

I copied my 32 DM/Regen to Test to try out the new rules -- he can still solo
on Invincible with no real danger. I had nine +2 to +3 Freaks on me at one
point, no problem, which is just insane -- that many +level mobs should
flatten anyone.

And yes I'm aware that Tankers can stand up to ten times that many. That's
no justification.

--
Dennis F. Heffernan CoH: Venture (Virtue) hefferman@comcast.net
#include <disclaim.h> MS Messenger: Venture

"And I say now these kittens, they do not get trained/As we did in the days
when Victoria reigned!" -- T.S. Eliot, "Gus, the Theatre Cat"
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 10:09:04 PM

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:26:37 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
wrote:

>Yeah, and while there are some AVs that an issue 2 regen scrapper could
>solo, with loads of insps and a fully slotted tough, there were more AVs
>he couldn't ever hope to kill

Not a single even level AV I can think of that can hope to take me
down. This is without loads of insps, but is with fully slotted tough
and weave. T&W weren't the big factors, though. It was taking Dull
Pain in my respec.

Kill them? Well, I'm MA. My damage tends to fall short of most AVs'
regen.

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 12:29:43 AM

Xocyll wrote:

> Funny how only regen is being adjusted (again) because of AV soloing.

AV soloing is only part of the issue.

As for "only regen" being adjusted...there aren't enough hours in the day for
the devs to restore balance to the game all at once. It's going to have to be
a one-step-at-a-time effort. Other unbalanced powers will be nerfed in due time.

--
Dennis F. Heffernan CoH: Venture (Virtue) hefferman@comcast.net
#include <disclaim.h> MS Messenger: Venture

"And I say now these kittens, they do not get trained/As we did in the days
when Victoria reigned!" -- T.S. Eliot, "Gus, the Theatre Cat"
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 1:35:47 PM

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 20:29:43 -0400, Dennis Francis Heffernan
<hefferman@comcast.net> wrote:
> Xocyll wrote:

> As for "only regen" being adjusted...there aren't enough hours in the
> day for the devs to restore balance to the game all at once. It's going
> to have to be a one-step-at-a-time effort. Other unbalanced powers will
> be nerfed in due time.

Or perhaps underpowered sets could get a little loving instead. I believe
Dark auras are stackable these days. It's surely a step toward making
people actually use it, although stamina requirements need to get down and
something must be done to the whining sound if they expect anyone to play
it for 50 levels.

good sign." -G
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 3:20:09 PM

Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:26:37 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Yeah, and while there are some AVs that an issue 2 regen scrapper could
>>solo, with loads of insps and a fully slotted tough, there were more AVs
>>he couldn't ever hope to kill
>
>Not a single even level AV I can think of that can hope to take me
>down. This is without loads of insps, but is with fully slotted tough
>and weave. T&W weren't the big factors, though. It was taking Dull
>Pain in my respec.

Nosferatu, Infernal, Shadowhunter, Battle Maiden, Psychic Clockwork King
with his psychic wail, and more.

All of these can and have taken down equal and _higher_ level regen
heroes in _1_ shot, with dull pain and fully slotted tough/resiliance.

>Kill them? Well, I'm MA. My damage tends to fall short of most AVs'
>regen.

Bing. And there you have one of the major problems with "adjusting"
sets; certain somewhat stronger secondaries make up for weak primaries.
MA/REG is a perfect example of this - since MA does pretty shitty damage
in the end game, but regen allows you to stay long enough to complete
the fight.

My main was MA/reg - the anti brawler (I forget his real name) was a
complete stalemate. He couldn't damage me fast enough to overcome my
regen rate, but I couldn't even _scratch_ him due to his damage
reduction and his regen rate.

I soloed every AV I could, because it was the Heroic thing to do, but
most of them were NOT soloable by MA/regen.

I soloed Giant Monsters too, because they were there - not because they
gave great exp (the time it took to kill one smashing vulnerable type
was greater than the time it would take to earn the equivalent amount of
exp street hunting on PI.)

Issue 3 hit and Giant Monsters became unsoloable.
Because their hp got boosted from 16k to 49k so they hp regen went
through the roof.
Yeah they still couldn't kill me as long as it was one-on-one, but I
went from a 10+ minute fight to kill one, to not being able to hurt them
at all - they regened at an insane rate.

And that's the simple solution for AVs - a regen rate that CANNOT be
overcome by one person - bingo unsolable AVS.

Xocyll
April 7, 2005 3:20:10 PM

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 11:20:09 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
wrote:

>Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net> looked up from reading the entrails
>of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>
>>On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:26:37 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Yeah, and while there are some AVs that an issue 2 regen scrapper could
>>>solo, with loads of insps and a fully slotted tough, there were more AVs
>>>he couldn't ever hope to kill
>>
>>Not a single even level AV I can think of that can hope to take me
>>down. This is without loads of insps, but is with fully slotted tough
>>and weave. T&W weren't the big factors, though. It was taking Dull
>>Pain in my respec.
>
>Nosferatu, Infernal, Shadowhunter, Battle Maiden, Psychic Clockwork King
>with his psychic wail, and more.
>
>All of these can and have taken down equal and _higher_ level regen
>heroes in _1_ shot, with dull pain and fully slotted tough/resiliance.

Funny, I could stand toe to toe with Infernal at even level without
1-shot kills. Just last night. What was killing me was the horde of
demons that poured through the portal that we were careless enough to
ignore. Generally, me dropping was a sign that the others would drop
FAST afterwards. If not for the demons, I could have stood in his face
all day and never died.

PKK and Nossie came along for me before I respec'd in DP, and both of
those may have 1-shotted me, but it was only by a hundred or so
health. With DP up, I could have easily survived the big shots.

>>Kill them? Well, I'm MA. My damage tends to fall short of most AVs'
>>regen.
>
>Bing. And there you have one of the major problems with "adjusting"
>sets; certain somewhat stronger secondaries make up for weak primaries.
>MA/REG is a perfect example of this - since MA does pretty shitty damage
>in the end game, but regen allows you to stay long enough to complete
>the fight.

This point would be even remotely valid if all or even most scrapper
primaries were as weak on damage output. Having SOME weaker primaries
doesn't balance the secondary.

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 2:25:33 PM

Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 11:20:09 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net> looked up from reading the entrails
>>of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>>>Not a single even level AV I can think of that can hope to take me
>>>down. This is without loads of insps, but is with fully slotted tough
>>>and weave. T&W weren't the big factors, though. It was taking Dull
>>>Pain in my respec.
>>
>>Nosferatu, Infernal, Shadowhunter, Battle Maiden, Psychic Clockwork King
>>with his psychic wail, and more.
>>
>>All of these can and have taken down equal and _higher_ level regen
>>heroes in _1_ shot, with dull pain and fully slotted tough/resiliance.
>
>Funny, I could stand toe to toe with Infernal at even level without
>1-shot kills. Just last night. What was killing me was the horde of
>demons that poured through the portal that we were careless enough to
>ignore. Generally, me dropping was a sign that the others would drop
>FAST afterwards. If not for the demons, I could have stood in his face
>all day and never died.

We? That rather says you weren't soloing him doesn't it?
No heals? No buffs? No debuffs on Infernal?

I actually managed to take out the alter first, quickly attacking it
from the far side. Then I cleared the spawns, then I went after
Infernal, who hit me once and killed me - with dull pain up, with fully
slotted tough/resiliance.

>PKK and Nossie came along for me before I respec'd in DP, and both of
>those may have 1-shotted me, but it was only by a hundred or so
>health. With DP up, I could have easily survived the big shots.

The problem with Nosferatu is that he also drains life from you to heal
himself - he's just plain not soloable.
He might not kill you in one shot, but he can hammer you with several
shots and kill you before you can heal up - before Issue 1/2 level regen
could heal up, much less issue 3.

>>>Kill them? Well, I'm MA. My damage tends to fall short of most AVs'
>>>regen.
>>
>>Bing. And there you have one of the major problems with "adjusting"
>>sets; certain somewhat stronger secondaries make up for weak primaries.
>>MA/REG is a perfect example of this - since MA does pretty shitty damage
>>in the end game, but regen allows you to stay long enough to complete
>>the fight.
>
>This point would be even remotely valid if all or even most scrapper
>primaries were as weak on damage output. Having SOME weaker primaries
>doesn't balance the secondary.

It's still valid.
Because it makes it POSSIBLE to use some of the weaker sets and still be
functional as a soloist.

Now of course the big question is, why is there such an imbalance in the
power of the various primaries?

Xocyll
April 8, 2005 5:37:50 PM

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 10:25:33 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
wrote:

>>Funny, I could stand toe to toe with Infernal at even level without
>>1-shot kills. Just last night. What was killing me was the horde of
>>demons that poured through the portal that we were careless enough to
>>ignore. Generally, me dropping was a sign that the others would drop
>>FAST afterwards. If not for the demons, I could have stood in his face
>>all day and never died.
>
>We? That rather says you weren't soloing him doesn't it?
>No heals? No buffs? No debuffs on Infernal?

After the first attempt at him and I realized I wasn't going to get
anywhere with him, no, I wasn't soloing. But, when I first ran into
him, I took a crack at him solo. It wasn't until the number of demons
coming out of the portal began to overwhelm that I started running
into risk. ONe on one, there was no real risk of my dying.

>I actually managed to take out the alter first, quickly attacking it
>from the far side. Then I cleared the spawns, then I went after
>Infernal, who hit me once and killed me - with dull pain up, with fully
>slotted tough/resiliance.

No idea what you were doing wrong, then. Even level? Accolades?
*shrug* Yeah, his big hit hurt, but I survived. Pop reconstruction,
and there was no worry.

>>PKK and Nossie came along for me before I respec'd in DP, and both of
>>those may have 1-shotted me, but it was only by a hundred or so
>>health. With DP up, I could have easily survived the big shots.
>
>The problem with Nosferatu is that he also drains life from you to heal
>himself - he's just plain not soloable.
>He might not kill you in one shot, but he can hammer you with several
>shots and kill you before you can heal up - before Issue 1/2 level regen
>could heal up, much less issue 3.

MAYBE if you were careless. Reconstruction can turn close calls into
survival easily.

>>This point would be even remotely valid if all or even most scrapper
>>primaries were as weak on damage output. Having SOME weaker primaries
>>doesn't balance the secondary.
>
>It's still valid.
>Because it makes it POSSIBLE to use some of the weaker sets and still be
>functional as a soloist.

Perhaps the real issue isn't so much being able to solo-kill AVs as
being able to tank them better than most tanks can. Combined with far
superior damage output to most tanks (Only exception being fire, but
burn tankers are broken), yes, there is an issue of being overpowered.

>Now of course the big question is, why is there such an imbalance in the
>power of the various primaries?

Because people focus so much on raw damage that they ignore things
such as accuracy buff, status attacks, and so forth. MA may be weak on
raw damage, but it most certainly is not weak overall. There is still
a variance in power level of the primaries, but it's not all that
great. Some variation is good, lets people who want a bit more of a
challenge have it. Too much, however, is bad.

All in all, most fights with regen are trivial. Yes, even in the 40+
game. Aside from having to call in help for AVs, there's no challenge
even at my level 48. And the AVs aren't a matter of challenge, just a
matter of insufficient damage output.

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 7:15:31 PM

In article <ln4d51popo7n99gh4dnh576blp4r3nb7o8@4ax.com>, Xocyll wrote:
> Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net> looked up from reading the entrails
> of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>>PKK and Nossie came along for me before I respec'd in DP, and both of
>>those may have 1-shotted me, but it was only by a hundred or so
>>health. With DP up, I could have easily survived the big shots.
>
> The problem with Nosferatu is that he also drains life from you to heal
> himself - he's just plain not soloable.
> He might not kill you in one shot, but he can hammer you with several
> shots and kill you before you can heal up - before Issue 1/2 level regen
> could heal up, much less issue 3.

Nosferatu's ability to self-heal makes bringing Regen to that fight
pretty much like buffing the AV. The more Regen scrappers you bring, the
more you buff him.

Nosferatu's mix of powers makes him pretty much unsolable by anyone. I'm
sure someone can do it, but it would be an epic struggle indeed.

--
--- An' thou dost not get caught, do as thou wilt shall be the law ---
"Religion disperses like a fog, kingdoms perish, but the works of

Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 10:25:33 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
>wrote:
>
>>>Funny, I could stand toe to toe with Infernal at even level without
>>>1-shot kills. Just last night. What was killing me was the horde of
>>>demons that poured through the portal that we were careless enough to
>>>ignore. Generally, me dropping was a sign that the others would drop
>>>FAST afterwards. If not for the demons, I could have stood in his face
>>>all day and never died.
>>
>>We? That rather says you weren't soloing him doesn't it?
>>No heals? No buffs? No debuffs on Infernal?
>
>After the first attempt at him and I realized I wasn't going to get
>anywhere with him, no, I wasn't soloing. But, when I first ran into
>him, I took a crack at him solo. It wasn't until the number of demons
>coming out of the portal began to overwhelm that I started running
>into risk. ONe on one, there was no real risk of my dying.
>
>>I actually managed to take out the alter first, quickly attacking it
>>from the far side. Then I cleared the spawns, then I went after
>>Infernal, who hit me once and killed me - with dull pain up, with fully
>>slotted tough/resiliance.
>
>No idea what you were doing wrong, then. Even level? Accolades?
>*shrug* Yeah, his big hit hurt, but I survived. Pop reconstruction,
>and there was no worry.

There's nothing wrong you can do when he kills you in one shot.

>>>PKK and Nossie came along for me before I respec'd in DP, and both of
>>>those may have 1-shotted me, but it was only by a hundred or so
>>>health. With DP up, I could have easily survived the big shots.
>>
>>The problem with Nosferatu is that he also drains life from you to heal
>>himself - he's just plain not soloable.
>>He might not kill you in one shot, but he can hammer you with several
>>shots and kill you before you can heal up - before Issue 1/2 level regen
>>could heal up, much less issue 3.
>
>MAYBE if you were careless. Reconstruction can turn close calls into
>survival easily.

When I first met Nosferatu it wasn't my mission. A SG-mate had called
for help, I and 2 other scrappers from the SG responded.
Turned out it wasn't the SG-mates missions, but someone else entirely.

Anyway we go, 3 scrappers, plus various others that were already there
and Nosferatu killed EVERYONE.

I don't know if he got turned down with issue3, but at that point he
could do pretty heavy damage pretty fast.

>>>This point would be even remotely valid if all or even most scrapper
>>>primaries were as weak on damage output. Having SOME weaker primaries
>>>doesn't balance the secondary.
>>
>>It's still valid.
>>Because it makes it POSSIBLE to use some of the weaker sets and still be
>>functional as a soloist.
>
>Perhaps the real issue isn't so much being able to solo-kill AVs as
>being able to tank them better than most tanks can. Combined with far
>superior damage output to most tanks (Only exception being fire, but
>burn tankers are broken), yes, there is an issue of being overpowered.

You seem to be forgetting energy melee, that does damage similar to MA
on the low end and VASTLY more with it's top 2 attacks.

>>Now of course the big question is, why is there such an imbalance in the
>>power of the various primaries?
>
>Because people focus so much on raw damage that they ignore things
>such as accuracy buff, status attacks, and so forth. MA may be weak on
>raw damage, but it most certainly is not weak overall. There is still
>a variance in power level of the primaries, but it's not all that
>great. Some variation is good, lets people who want a bit more of a
>challenge have it. Too much, however, is bad.

I beg to differ. I've played literally dozens of different MA builds up
to 20 and ran one up to 50.

MA is seriously underpowered.
Build up does not change that.
Infrequent disorients do not change that.

In the dream world the Devs live in, the lack of power is "balanced" by
the chance to disorient.
This might actually be true if disorient actually disabled mobs instead
of letting them flee at high speed and jump insane heights.

It's not an advantage to be fighting something and suddenly have it
INSTANTLY flee out of range of the next hit.
Now those "advantages" are even less realistic since TK no longer has a
100% mag 1 stun, but a much less frequent one of higher magnitude.

The only scrapper set that's possibly weaker than MA is claws, and it at
least has the advantage of more than one non-single target attack and a
ranged attack.

Crippling Axe Kick, a level 18 slower activating version of TK, with an
immobilize and a slow that only affects movement speed.
Dragonclaw - a level 26 AOE version of TK - the level 1 attack.
Eagle's Claw, a level 32 slow, flashy attack that does only marginally
more damage than crane kick, a level 8 attack.

The whole upper end of the MA set is a joke compared to the other sets.

For a set that's almost entirely single target, it's woefully
underpowered.

How is a single target set supposed to be balanced with the other multi
target sets unless it's single target attacks do more damage?

>All in all, most fights with regen are trivial. Yes, even in the 40+
>game. Aside from having to call in help for AVs, there's no challenge
>even at my level 48. And the AVs aren't a matter of challenge, just a
>matter of insufficient damage output.

Then you must not have met most of the ones I listed that would
insta-kill you.

That's a bit more than just "insufficient damage output.'

Xocyll
April 9, 2005 11:52:20 AM

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 20:51:15 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
wrote:

>>No idea what you were doing wrong, then. Even level? Accolades?
>>*shrug* Yeah, his big hit hurt, but I survived. Pop reconstruction,
>>and there was no worry.
>
>There's nothing wrong you can do when he kills you in one shot.

Well, it's either that or you're lying. Answer the questions.

>>MAYBE if you were careless. Reconstruction can turn close calls into
>>survival easily.
>
>When I first met Nosferatu it wasn't my mission. A SG-mate had called
>for help, I and 2 other scrappers from the SG responded.
>Turned out it wasn't the SG-mates missions, but someone else entirely.
>
>Anyway we go, 3 scrappers, plus various others that were already there
>and Nosferatu killed EVERYONE.
>
>I don't know if he got turned down with issue3, but at that point he
>could do pretty heavy damage pretty fast.

I've heard stories of full wipes with nearly any AV. *shrug*

>>Perhaps the real issue isn't so much being able to solo-kill AVs as
>>being able to tank them better than most tanks can. Combined with far
>>superior damage output to most tanks (Only exception being fire, but
>>burn tankers are broken), yes, there is an issue of being overpowered.
>
>You seem to be forgetting energy melee, that does damage similar to MA
>on the low end and VASTLY more with it's top 2 attacks.

Odd that, if it's such a high damage tanker secondary, it's the rarest
used. End cost, perhaps? If the end cost is prohibitive, then its
sustained damage output is lower.

>>Because people focus so much on raw damage that they ignore things
>>such as accuracy buff, status attacks, and so forth. MA may be weak on
>>raw damage, but it most certainly is not weak overall. There is still
>>a variance in power level of the primaries, but it's not all that
>>great. Some variation is good, lets people who want a bit more of a
>>challenge have it. Too much, however, is bad.
>
>I beg to differ. I've played literally dozens of different MA builds up
>to 20 and ran one up to 50.

Up to 20 is nothing, frankly. Unless you've played other builds in the
high end, you cannot say that you know firsthand that MA is
underpowered compared to the rest in the high end.

>MA is seriously underpowered.
>Build up does not change that.
>Infrequent disorients do not change that.

Eagle's Claw disorients with nearly every attack that I've used it.

>In the dream world the Devs live in, the lack of power is "balanced" by
>the chance to disorient.
>This might actually be true if disorient actually disabled mobs instead
>of letting them flee at high speed and jump insane heights.
>
>It's not an advantage to be fighting something and suddenly have it
>INSTANTLY flee out of range of the next hit.

This RARELY happens in my experience.

>Now those "advantages" are even less realistic since TK no longer has a
>100% mag 1 stun, but a much less frequent one of higher magnitude.
>
>The only scrapper set that's possibly weaker than MA is claws, and it at
>least has the advantage of more than one non-single target attack and a
>ranged attack.

Claw is WEAK?! Per hit, sure. But it's fast as hell.

>Crippling Axe Kick, a level 18 slower activating version of TK, with an
>immobilize and a slow that only affects movement speed.

Rather nice for stopping runners.

>Dragonclaw - a level 26 AOE version of TK - the level 1 attack.

.....AOE. Exactly.

>Eagle's Claw, a level 32 slow, flashy attack that does only marginally
>more damage than crane kick, a level 8 attack.

Marginally?! It does at least 50% more damage. That's far from
"marginally". Plus you fail to mention the VERY frequent stun.

>The whole upper end of the MA set is a joke compared to the other sets.
>
>For a set that's almost entirely single target, it's woefully
>underpowered.
>
>How is a single target set supposed to be balanced with the other multi
>target sets unless it's single target attacks do more damage?

Hitting significantly more often. That 10% accuracy bonus that you
fail to mention. Makes a noticeable difference against higher level
mobs.

>>All in all, most fights with regen are trivial. Yes, even in the 40+
>>game. Aside from having to call in help for AVs, there's no challenge
>>even at my level 48. And the AVs aren't a matter of challenge, just a
>>matter of insufficient damage output.
>
>Then you must not have met most of the ones I listed that would
>insta-kill you.
>
>That's a bit more than just "insufficient damage output.'

No, I've met them. THey didn't insta-kill me. You're either
exaggerating, or flat-out lying about your encounter or build.
Something is wrong if you're getting insta-killed by them because I'm
not. You claim to have tough and res fully slotted. I have tough
slotted and res only with a couple slots. We both have DP. In theory,
I should be getting 1-shotted more often than you going by your
statements. Yet, oddly, I'm surviving AVs you claim can 1-shot you.
Curious.

Quit whining. Regen scrappers tank better than most tanks. That's just
plain wrong. The nerfs are needed and, in fact, don't have a very
large effect on normal gameplay as they stand now on Test. Missions
can still be -EASILY- soloed on Invincible. To me, that says
everything's just fine and dandy.

This all simply reminds me of the /dev blasters who said that /dev was
useless when Smoke Grenade was fixed. They said the same about
Caltrops before that. Yet, oddly enough, /dev is still considered the
most powerful blaster secondary. It's the classic knee-jerk whining
turning a molehill into Everest.

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 3:08:00 PM

Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 20:51:15 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
>wrote:
>
>>>No idea what you were doing wrong, then. Even level? Accolades?
>>>*shrug* Yeah, his big hit hurt, but I survived. Pop reconstruction,
>>>and there was no worry.
>>
>>There's nothing wrong you can do when he kills you in one shot.
>
>Well, it's either that or you're lying. Answer the questions.

Usually it's me at the same level since that's how missions have always
worked (unless the mob type has a minimum level higher than that.)

In the case of Infernal, I think I was 46 at the time and he was 48 -
this was the first mission from the only contact I had open.

>>>MAYBE if you were careless. Reconstruction can turn close calls into
>>>survival easily.
>>
>>When I first met Nosferatu it wasn't my mission. A SG-mate had called
>>for help, I and 2 other scrappers from the SG responded.
>>Turned out it wasn't the SG-mates missions, but someone else entirely.
>>
>>Anyway we go, 3 scrappers, plus various others that were already there
>>and Nosferatu killed EVERYONE.
>>
>>I don't know if he got turned down with issue3, but at that point he
>>could do pretty heavy damage pretty fast.
>
>I've heard stories of full wipes with nearly any AV. *shrug*

Unless you have people substantially higher level and preferable no
melee types for him to leech, he's a major bitch. He moves fast and he
hits very, very hard.

The only way MY nosferatu mission got cleared was with the help of a
level 50 blaster who could not only zap him from range, he could tesla
cage him to stop him getting to melee range. I was essentially useless
in the fight since I could only hit him at a range at which he could
leech from me and he could leech a lot more than the damage i'd do.

I had this mission for a friggen week before I got someone to help.

>>>Perhaps the real issue isn't so much being able to solo-kill AVs as
>>>being able to tank them better than most tanks can. Combined with far
>>>superior damage output to most tanks (Only exception being fire, but
>>>burn tankers are broken), yes, there is an issue of being overpowered.
>>
>>You seem to be forgetting energy melee, that does damage similar to MA
>>on the low end and VASTLY more with it's top 2 attacks.
>
>Odd that, if it's such a high damage tanker secondary, it's the rarest
>used. End cost, perhaps? If the end cost is prohibitive, then its
>sustained damage output is lower.

It's not rarely used at all, it's very common since it's very powerful.

But, it only has one AOE, so the power levelers don't use it.
ANd it's not listed as the fasted leveling tank type (fire is) so
they'll always go fire.
On victory i'm seeing fire tankers _everywhere_, it's like a plague.

The inv/em tanker I made SHOT through levels faster than an ma/reg could
ever hope to. I only stopped playing it for two reasons 1. Because
it's a small toon, the one-size-fits-all auras are blinding when stacked
(since the core is white and the edge is multicolored - the toon has a
good solid 1.5-2 game feet of solid, blinding white aura around her with
stacked shields.) and 2. Not really wanting to play an invuln through
the every-thing-is-psi 40s.

>>>Because people focus so much on raw damage that they ignore things
>>>such as accuracy buff, status attacks, and so forth. MA may be weak on
>>>raw damage, but it most certainly is not weak overall. There is still
>>>a variance in power level of the primaries, but it's not all that
>>>great. Some variation is good, lets people who want a bit more of a
>>>challenge have it. Too much, however, is bad.
>>
>>I beg to differ. I've played literally dozens of different MA builds up
>>to 20 and ran one up to 50.
>
>Up to 20 is nothing, frankly. Unless you've played other builds in the
>high end, you cannot say that you know firsthand that MA is
>underpowered compared to the rest in the high end.
>
>>MA is seriously underpowered.
>>Build up does not change that.
>>Infrequent disorients do not change that.
>
>Eagle's Claw disorients with nearly every attack that I've used it.

Except of course it _doesn't_ work on bosses unless stacked, and they
changed TK's disorient to make that MUCH harder.

>>In the dream world the Devs live in, the lack of power is "balanced" by
>>the chance to disorient.
>>This might actually be true if disorient actually disabled mobs instead
>>of letting them flee at high speed and jump insane heights.
>>
>>It's not an advantage to be fighting something and suddenly have it
>>INSTANTLY flee out of range of the next hit.
>
>This RARELY happens in my experience.

How nice for you, that doesn't stop it happening.
This has been a problem since day 1 that the devs have refused to
address.
When a player is disoriented we can barely move at all, but mobs aren't
under any such restriction and often have runspeed and jump height they
don't normally have.

It is flat out not an advantage to give your enemy abilities it doesn't
normally have, especially if those abilities let it flee out of range.

The fact that mobs can stand inside each other, hit and walk through
each other is also a problem.
Hit mob x, disorienting him and he turns and runs through his pals, that
you can't pass through. This happened to me inv/em tank all the time.

>>Now those "advantages" are even less realistic since TK no longer has a
>>100% mag 1 stun, but a much less frequent one of higher magnitude.
>>
>>The only scrapper set that's possibly weaker than MA is claws, and it at
>>least has the advantage of more than one non-single target attack and a
>>ranged attack.
>
>Claw is WEAK?! Per hit, sure. But it's fast as hell.

That's why I said "possibly" because each hit is weak at base and thus
ends up weak when enhanced.

>>Crippling Axe Kick, a level 18 slower activating version of TK, with an
>>immobilize and a slow that only affects movement speed.
>
>Rather nice for stopping runners.

Yeah, great, as long as you use it on the guy who is planning to run.

>>Dragonclaw - a level 26 AOE version of TK - the level 1 attack.
>
>....AOE. Exactly.

You missed the point. WEAK AOE - it does no more damage than the level
1 thunderkick. For a level 26 power this is astoundingly weak.

>>Eagle's Claw, a level 32 slow, flashy attack that does only marginally
>>more damage than crane kick, a level 8 attack.
>
>Marginally?! It does at least 50% more damage. That's far from
>"marginally". Plus you fail to mention the VERY frequent stun.

Check your numbers. Do you have it slotted the same as crane kick?

I had them slotted the same, and the difference in raw damage was more
like 30%, with longer animation and recharge times, making it only
marginally higher in DPS.

>>The whole upper end of the MA set is a joke compared to the other sets.
>>
>>For a set that's almost entirely single target, it's woefully
>>underpowered.
>>
>>How is a single target set supposed to be balanced with the other multi
>>target sets unless it's single target attacks do more damage?
>
>Hitting significantly more often. That 10% accuracy bonus that you
>fail to mention. Makes a noticeable difference against higher level
>mobs.

The 10% bonus is a joke and it sure as hell made no noticeable
difference.
There was NO difference in the hits that thunderkick (with the bonus)
and Air Superiority (without the bonus) landed.

>>>All in all, most fights with regen are trivial. Yes, even in the 40+
>>>game. Aside from having to call in help for AVs, there's no challenge
>>>even at my level 48. And the AVs aren't a matter of challenge, just a
>>>matter of insufficient damage output.
>>
>>Then you must not have met most of the ones I listed that would
>>insta-kill you.
>>
>>That's a bit more than just "insufficient damage output.'
>
>No, I've met them. THey didn't insta-kill me. You're either
>exaggerating, or flat-out lying about your encounter or build.
>Something is wrong if you're getting insta-killed by them because I'm
>not. You claim to have tough and res fully slotted. I have tough
>slotted and res only with a couple slots. We both have DP. In theory,
>I should be getting 1-shotted more often than you going by your
>statements. Yet, oddly, I'm surviving AVs you claim can 1-shot you.
>Curious.

Most of them can 1 or two shot a regen, because there's no defense and
almost no resistance.

You also seem to be teaming your AVs judging by what you said before.

>Quit whining. Regen scrappers tank better than most tanks. That's just
>plain wrong. The nerfs are needed and, in fact, don't have a very
>large effect on normal gameplay as they stand now on Test. Missions
>can still be -EASILY- soloed on Invincible. To me, that says
>everything's just fine and dandy.

As I said before, the only reason regen ever _seemed_ to tank better
than a tanker, is cryptic's cheap shot mobs with powers INTENDED to
render certain tanker types powerless and the ones that hadn't been
finished that had untyped and therefor unresistable damage.

This doesn't make regen a better tank, it just means it's not affected
by a deliberate handicap aimed at invuln tanks.

This is ALWAYS going to be true, no matter how many times the Devs
adjust regen.

To put it another way, even Dazzler could beat up Lex Luthor while Lex
has Superman powerless with some kryptonite - this doesn't make Dazzler
more powerful than Superman.

>This all simply reminds me of the /dev blasters who said that /dev was
>useless when Smoke Grenade was fixed. They said the same about
>Caltrops before that. Yet, oddly enough, /dev is still considered the
>most powerful blaster secondary. It's the classic knee-jerk whining
>turning a molehill into Everest.

This has nothing to do with /dev and smoke grenade which was doing 10x
more than it had been designed to do.

Regen on the other hand, was working as they had designed it.

Cryptic aren't just doing what they did to invuln scrappers and capping
off the regen rate.
They're diddling the enhancements so you have to slot just as heavily
for substantially less effect.

And it's not like this is the first time - they already "adjusted" regen
and pronounced them balanced and fixed with issue 3.

But regen still throws a glaring spotlight on the 40+ mobs that are
tuned to screw the various other tanker and scrapper types.

Mobs that are _intended_ to force people to team - not AVs, not Giant
Monsters, normal critters designed to be unbeatable by various ATs.

Only Regen isn't affected by the cheap shot mob-types, by it's very
design of not having resists or defenses but healing after the fact.

The real question is: Why is the 40+ game just packed with cheap shot
mob types when the 1-39 game isn't?

Autohit attack powers and auras and Acc boosters to defeat the defence
oriented scrappers and tanks.
Unresistible damage types to defeat the resistance tanks.

If Cryptic doesn't intend to force people to team, why are these mob
types ubiquitous throughout the last 10 levels?

Xocyll
April 11, 2005 12:31:12 AM

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 14:26:37 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> scribed
into the ether:

>Yeah, and while there are some AVs that an issue 2 regen scrapper could
>solo, with loads of insps and a fully slotted tough, there were more AVs
>he couldn't ever hope to kill, but which were soloable by tanks, /SR
>scrappers and PET controllers.
>Look at the sig of Darke Exile next time you read the forums, notice the
>list of AVs he soloed that couldn't EVER be soloed by a regen scrapper.
>
>Funny how only regen is being adjusted (again) because of AV soloing.

The irony of course, is that it isn't Integration/Instant Healing which
permits this (well, for some AVs it does, but mostly not)...

Perma-Moment of Glory is the real culprit. And that power isn't being
touched. Nor Perma-Elude, which allows SR Scrappers to do the same thing.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 3:37:40 PM

Xocyll wrote:

> 1. What kind of freaks? Basic freaks are no tougher than basic hellions
> for their level - freak tanks are a whole lot nastier than any of the
> other varieties.

At 32, you don't get "basic freaks" any more.

> 2. 32 is still pretty low - the nasty heavy hitters show up in the late
> 30's and continue through the 40's.

Nothing is going to show up until the 40s that will give me any pause, and
when it does it will be the special-attacks types like Sappers and Carnies.

> Freak tanks hit like wussies compared to Rikti Chief Soldiers.

Rikti Chiefs attack so slowly they can't possibly defeat a Regen anywhere
near their level. You'll heal to full, even on Test, before they get another
shot.

> Scrappers are melee, they're supposed to be able to stand up to hits
> from groups because most enemies come in groups and scrappers are not
> supposed to be blaster-fragile.

Scrappers are not supposed to be tanking for groups. They are supposed to
have enough defenses to solo with nominal caution and to survive fighting in
groups while not drawing excessive agro. They need more durability than
Blasters but nowhere near that of Tankers.

> Scrappers and tankers are supposed to be the inverse of each other - one
> focused more on defense with lesser offense, the other with more offense
> and lesser defense.
> Now compare most tanker damages with most scrapper damages, apply that
> ratio to the defences and standing up to 9 assorted freak is where you
> should be.

Your standard of comparison is invalid. Tankers aren't supposed to be as
indestructible as they are in the first place. Everyone is way more powerful
than they should be.

> Jump into a group of 9 rikti with swords - you're dead if they all hit
> within a few seconds.

You're SUPPOSED TO BE dead within seconds!

> Unlike the Devs, I've actually played a regen scrapper from 1-50, mostly
> solo. I know damn well what they can and cannot do - the Devs
> apparently don't.

Of course they do.

> The only reason Regen has ever seemed godly is because it

...is.

> The issue isn't regen, it's Cryptic forcing people to team whether they
> want to or not.

It's an MMO, the other players aren't supposed to be part of the scenery.

> It's not about AVs being soloed either, or they'd simply fix the AVs
> like they did the Giant Monsters, and/or be fixing every AT that could
> solo them which they aren't doing.

The Giant Monsters are still being soloed.

> They're after regen, the #1 choice of soloers.
> Why?
> Because they don't want people soloing.

No, they're after it because it's performing way over they intended. They'll
get to the other broken powers in due time.

> Why is regen the #1 choice for soloers?
> Because it has little downtime, due to the health/end regen powers it
> gets near the start.

It's the #1 choice because it is more powerful than the other sets. Invul
compares reasonably until you get to the psi villains.

> It's not _better_ since it has no resists or defences and it dies more
> until it gets real healing powers, but you spend less time sitting
> around waiting for end/health to recover, making it perfect for people
> who don't have a lot of time to play and want to spend it actually
> playing instead of sitting around.

My DM/Regen got to 28 long before Integration got boosted, and frankly the
ride up was not all that bad. The other sets have defense issues of their own
at low levels, too.

> Maybe if they'd stop making it a chore to level, those people would
> actually play the game instead of getting power leveled.

You think levelling in this game is a chore? Levelling in this game is FREE.
The only way it could be made easier would be if they gave you experience
for logging in.

--
Dennis F. Heffernan CoH: Venture (Virtue) hefferman@comcast.net
#include <disclaim.h> MS Messenger: Venture

"And I say now these kittens, they do not get trained/As we did in the days
when Victoria reigned!" -- T.S. Eliot, "Gus, the Theatre Cat"
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 6:03:04 PM

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:37:40 -0400, Dennis Francis Heffernan
<hefferman@comcast.net> wrote:

>> Freak tanks hit like wussies compared to Rikti Chief Soldiers.
>
> Rikti Chiefs attack so slowly they can't possibly defeat a Regen anywhere
>near their level. You'll heal to full, even on Test, before they get another
>shot.

Exactly. Tanks hit for less, but they hit faster. Makes a rather large
difference. They actually have better DPS, relatively speaking. As for
Chief Soldiers....standing face to face with a +6 Rikti, I could go
AFK for an hour and still be at full health (or regenning back there
between swings) when I come back. Now, I'm sure I can't do the same
with the same level difference on Test now... But I can't check that
anymore. No 56 Rikti out there. ;)

( DING! )

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
April 12, 2005 7:30:10 PM

"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote

> I really don't know what the "imbalance" issue is, except that
> Invulnerable seems to be the brainless choice of players who were unable
> to play Doom or Half-Life except in "God" mode.

Bite me.

FirePlug
32 Inv/SS
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:45:01 PM

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:37:40 -0400, Dennis Francis Heffernan
<hefferman@comcast.net> wrote:

> You think levelling in this game is a chore? Levelling in this game is
> FREE. The only way it could be made easier would be if they gave you
> experience for logging in.

Or out. In WoW I get xp for being logged out. Sadly, I soon got used to
it, and have more or less stopped logging in.

good sign." -G
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:45:02 PM

Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no> wrote:
> Or out. In WoW I get xp for being logged out. Sadly, I soon got used
> to it, and have more or less stopped logging in.

So you can level without ever logging in? WOW! Let CoH add this and we'll
never be pestered by PLers again!

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:45:03 PM

Shenanigunner wrote:

> So you can level without ever logging in? WOW! Let CoH add this and we'll
> never be pestered by PLers again!

Not exactly. WoW has a "rest state" that builds up while you are in towns or
logged out. While you are rested, you get double XP for mob kills. The bonus
XP is subtracted from your rest state and eventually your rest state is
expended and XP gain goes back to normal. If you haven't been online for a
while (days), you'll basically only need half XP for your next level or so.

--
Dennis F. Heffernan CoH: Venture (Virtue) hefferman@comcast.net
#include <disclaim.h> MS Messenger: Venture

"And I say now these kittens, they do not get trained/As we did in the days
when Victoria reigned!" -- T.S. Eliot, "Gus, the Theatre Cat"
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:45:04 PM

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:56:11 -0400, Dennis Francis Heffernan
<hefferman@comcast.net> wrote:

>Shenanigunner wrote:
>
>> So you can level without ever logging in? WOW! Let CoH add this and we'll
>> never be pestered by PLers again!
>
> Not exactly. WoW has a "rest state" that builds up while you are in towns or
>logged out. While you are rested, you get double XP for mob kills. The bonus
>XP is subtracted from your rest state and eventually your rest state is
>expended and XP gain goes back to normal. If you haven't been online for a
>while (days), you'll basically only need half XP for your next level or so.

There is, however, a cap to this rest state. I think a full level and
a half's worth of xp is the most rest you can accumulate

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 11:04:08 PM

Dennis Francis Heffernan <hefferman@comcast.net> wrote:
> Not exactly. WoW has a "rest state" that builds up while you are in
> towns or logged out. While you are rested, you get double XP for mob
> kills. The bonus XP is subtracted from your rest state and eventually
> your rest state is expended and XP gain goes back to normal. If you
> haven't been online for a while (days), you'll basically only need
> half XP for your next level or so.

<FX Daffy Duck from "Looney Tunes Back In Action">"Well, THAT'S just
cheating!"</fx>

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= RorShok: Level 2 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 11:41:24 PM

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:50:29 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
wrote:

>Dennis Francis Heffernan <hefferman@comcast.net> looked up from reading
>the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the
>signs say:
>
>>Xocyll wrote:
>>
>>> 1. What kind of freaks? Basic freaks are no tougher than basic hellions
>>> for their level - freak tanks are a whole lot nastier than any of the
>>> other varieties.
>>
>> At 32, you don't get "basic freaks" any more.
>>
>>> 2. 32 is still pretty low - the nasty heavy hitters show up in the late
>>> 30's and continue through the 40's.
>>
>> Nothing is going to show up until the 40s that will give me any pause, and
>>when it does it will be the special-attacks types like Sappers and Carnies.
>
>You dreamer.

My MA/Reg hit 50 yesterday. No, he's not a dreamer. My experience is
pretty much the same as his. As for me, I'm going to write of your
sniveling whines for exactly what they are: Stupid exaggerations and
flat-out lies to try to get sympathy over losing one of the closest
things to godmode in this game.

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 1:45:39 AM

"Ingot" <cleahy@spamstinks.iglou.com> wrote:
>> I really don't know what the "imbalance" issue is, except that
>> Invulnerable seems to be the brainless choice of players who were unable
>> to play Doom or Half-Life except in "God" mode.

> Bite me.

Hey, if the foo shits, babe...

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 27 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 12:48:03 PM

Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:50:29 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Dennis Francis Heffernan <hefferman@comcast.net> looked up from reading
>>the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the
>>signs say:

>>> At 32, you don't get "basic freaks" any more.

>>> Nothing is going to show up until the 40s that will give me any pause, and
>>>when it does it will be the special-attacks types like Sappers and Carnies.
>>
>>You dreamer.
>
>My MA/Reg hit 50 yesterday. No, he's not a dreamer. My experience is
>pretty much the same as his. As for me, I'm going to write of your
>sniveling whines for exactly what they are: Stupid exaggerations and
>flat-out lies to try to get sympathy over losing one of the closest
>things to godmode in this game.

Well you'd be an idiot to do so, since *I* am not losing anything.
My MA/reg main hit 50 in early december and got parked shortly after,
i've been playing tanks since, and am currently running up a MA/SR
scrapper.

I'll remind you that my ma/reg build started out as a tk/as/cak build,
until 31 when it just couldn't progress further.
How ultra, uber, "godmode user" of me wasn't it.

How much of the time were you playing solo, DT?
It makes a huge difference, even in the "godly 30's".

That's the point i'm making, there are/were loads of regens, because it
was a great SOLO build if you were careful.
Statesman and Co. DON'T SOLO, they play rarely, and they play in groups,
and they seem determined to make everyone group, while at the same time
saying they don't want to make people group.

The last time I heard this kind of doubletalk it was gfrasier expressing
Blizzard's insincere "we don't like PK's either" nonsense while they
steadfastly refused to patch PK exploits.

Xocyll
April 13, 2005 2:16:00 PM

"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote

> Hey, if the foo shits, babe...
>
> --

You dont' think I could participate in this? You don't think I could come
up with terribly insulting things to say about YOUR character?

I expressed my displeasure, and didn't retaliate. Ask others that have
known me since the early days whether or not I'm CAPABLE of flaming back.

It's called restraint. Maybe you should exercise some of it yourself
instead of continuing to insult people that are playing the same game with
you.

From talking with you in Chat, and on the COH boards, I really had more
respect for you than this... Guess you never can tell.

FirePlug
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 3:39:39 PM

Shenanigunner wrote:

> Okay. Since I don't team much, your shoe doesn't fit. No problem.

See that's my point. You've taken the tanker build that can
affectively solo his entire career. At the same time you've called a
tanker build that requires a team for decent XP per hour "God Mode".
To me it seems that Fire Tankers are more God Mode. AoE/DoT on a hard
to kill AT that can herd and nuke solo.

I usually respect your posts but I'm with Ingot on his assessment of
your comment here.
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 6:49:17 PM

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:48:03 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
wrote:

>Well you'd be an idiot to do so, since *I* am not losing anything.
>My MA/reg main hit 50 in early december and got parked shortly after,
>i've been playing tanks since, and am currently running up a MA/SR
>scrapper.
>
>I'll remind you that my ma/reg build started out as a tk/as/cak build,
>until 31 when it just couldn't progress further.

Don't know the abbreviations you refer to off the top of my head.
Probably familiar with the powers, the abbreviations don't click.
Never seen 'em used in game (having played since launch).

>How ultra, uber, "godmode user" of me wasn't it.
>
>How much of the time were you playing solo, DT?
>It makes a huge difference, even in the "godly 30's".
>
>That's the point i'm making, there are/were loads of regens, because it
>was a great SOLO build if you were careful.
>Statesman and Co. DON'T SOLO, they play rarely, and they play in groups,
>and they seem determined to make everyone group, while at the same time
>saying they don't want to make people group.
>
>The last time I heard this kind of doubletalk it was gfrasier expressing
>Blizzard's insincere "we don't like PK's either" nonsense while they
>steadfastly refused to patch PK exploits.

I'm an AVID soloer. I've said so here a few times in the past. I
soloed at least 95% of the way to 50. I only teamed for AVs and
occasionally to help out SG friends. Most of the latter was done with
me RSK'd, so I wasn't getting xp and, thus, doesn't really count.

SOLO I was taking on packs of +4 minions. Not 3 or 4, but around 10 at
a time. A lot of bosses I could take in pairs at +4 above me. Yeah,
even those Rikti Chief Soldiers you mention. They were a joke unless I
had more than 2 on me with backup. Sure, there were a few mobs that
gave me problems. Sappers, Master Illusionists, Ring Mistresses...
But, those were by far exceptions to the rule. A few achilles' heals
don't balance a build.

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 7:10:11 PM

Dark Tyger wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:48:03 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
> wrote:
>

> >I'll remind you that my ma/reg build started out as a tk/as/cak
build,

> Don't know the abbreviations you refer to off the top of my head.
> Probably familiar with the powers, the abbreviations don't click.
> Never seen 'em used in game (having played since launch).

Not so common in game, but on the forums (especially the scrapper
forum). Thunder Kick/Air Superiority/Crippling Axe Kick.
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 7:33:12 PM

Shenanigunner wrote:

> I've gone for "tough" in most of my builds until I went with Regen
for
> MMM and now SR for RorShok. I got bored with MMM's build, more with
the
> Dark Melee than the Regen. I'm liking Ror's build a lot, though. The
non-
> tough builds are interesting.
>
> RorShok went to 8 without a defeat; he'd still be undefeated if I
hadn't
> made the bonehead mistake of jumping over a bunch of smoky spots in
the
> Hollows. Did you know that purple Elder Pumicites can lay a level 8
flat
> at incredible distance? Now you do. More importantly, now I do. Gah.

If RorShok is inspired by Watchmen, aren't you worried about finding
him renamed GenericHero2130 one day? I don't think you can make an
inkblot type mask so you're probably OK.

OT - I just found this site: http://www.watchmenmovie.com/

Not much info yet, but it appears there is a Watchmen movie in the
works.
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 8:05:48 PM

> "Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote
>> Hey, if the foo shits, babe...

Ingot <cleahy@spamstinks.iglou.com> wrote:
> You dont' think I could participate in this? You don't think I could come
> up with terribly insulting things to say about YOUR character?
>
> I expressed my displeasure, and didn't retaliate. Ask others that have
> known me since the early days whether or not I'm CAPABLE of flaming back.
>
> It's called restraint. Maybe you should exercise some of it yourself
> instead of continuing to insult people that are playing the same game with
> you.
>
> From talking with you in Chat, and on the COH boards, I really had more
> respect for you than this... Guess you never can tell.

Wah, wah, wah. You realize that this kind of whining only makes the
insults more plausible, right?
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd

"Ingot" <cleahy@spamstinks.iglou.com> wrote:
> From talking with you in Chat, and on the COH boards, I really had
> more respect for you than this... Guess you never can tell.

Look, I'll stand by my assessment of the Invuln set and what I see of most
who choose it. It's the choice of players who don't want to be bothered by
that "defeat" stuff - the same ones who looked up the God-mode cheat for HL
and Doom before ever starting the game. If you chose it for other reasons,
fine. If you chose to "wear the shoe" and be insulted by what I said...

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= RorShok: Level 7 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 8:43:33 PM

On 13 Apr 2005 15:10:11 -0700, "Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Dark Tyger wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:48:03 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >I'll remind you that my ma/reg build started out as a tk/as/cak
>build,
>>
>> Don't know the abbreviations you refer to off the top of my head.
>> Probably familiar with the powers, the abbreviations don't click.
>> Never seen 'em used in game (having played since launch).
>
>Not so common in game, but on the forums (especially the scrapper
>forum). Thunder Kick/Air Superiority/Crippling Axe Kick.

Actually don't recall seeing 'em on the forums. But, I didn't spend
much time in the AT specific forums...

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 11:44:49 PM

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:13:02 -0000, Shenanigunner
<shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:

> "Ingot" <cleahy@spamstinks.iglou.com> wrote:
>> From talking with you in Chat, and on the COH boards, I really had
>> more respect for you than this... Guess you never can tell.
>
> Look, I'll stand by my assessment of the Invuln set and what I see of
> most
> who choose it. It's the choice of players who don't want to be bothered
> by
> that "defeat" stuff - the same ones who looked up the God-mode cheat for
> HL
> and Doom before ever starting the game. If you chose it for other
> reasons,
> fine. If you chose to "wear the shoe" and be insulted by what I said...

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" was a phrase
popularized by one of the greater thinkers of the past century. People
being upset by a spine_burst type insult is hardly extraordinary.
Comparing Inv to godmode cheats is extraordinary.

My obervation is that the people who make Inv tankers in CoH are the same
sort of people who play Paladins in certain medieval MMOs. Make of that
what you will. ^_^

good sign." -G
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 11:49:07 PM

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:04:23 -0700, Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net>
wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:56:11 -0400, Dennis Francis Heffernan
> <hefferman@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Shenanigunner wrote:
>>
>>> So you can level without ever logging in? WOW! Let CoH add this and
>>> we'll
>>> never be pestered by PLers again!
>>
>> Not exactly. WoW has a "rest state" that builds up while you are in
>> towns or
>> logged out. While you are rested, you get double XP for mob kills. The
>> bonus
>> XP is subtracted from your rest state and eventually your rest state is
>> expended and XP gain goes back to normal. If you haven't been online
>> for a
>> while (days), you'll basically only need half XP for your next level or
>> so.
>
> There is, however, a cap to this rest state. I think a full level and
> a half's worth of xp is the most rest you can accumulate

Too bad, because I have weeks of rest by now, and it seems likely to
continue for a while. ^_^

good sign." -G
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 2:14:16 AM

Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote:
> I'd also like to note that I found even early on that, to me, regen
> was easier than any other scrapper secondary. Self heals and end
> recovery were, to me, a better defense than the damage
> resist/avoidance was at low levels. Maybe I'm a bit odd in that
> respect, though.

I've gone for "tough" in most of my builds until I went with Regen for
MMM and now SR for RorShok. I got bored with MMM's build, more with the
Dark Melee than the Regen. I'm liking Ror's build a lot, though. The non-
tough builds are interesting.

RorShok went to 8 without a defeat; he'd still be undefeated if I hadn't
made the bonehead mistake of jumping over a bunch of smoky spots in the
Hollows. Did you know that purple Elder Pumicites can lay a level 8 flat
at incredible distance? Now you do. More importantly, now I do. Gah.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= RorShok: Level 8 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 3:55:38 AM

"Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If RorShok is inspired by Watchmen, aren't you worried about finding
> him renamed GenericHero2130 one day? I don't think you can make an
> inkblot type mask so you're probably OK.

Yes, I cop to him being a pretty obvious Rorschach clone. I've wanted to
make one since the beginning, for no really good reason except that I
think R is one of the most fascinating characters in literature.

No trenchcoat. Closest I could get on the mask is the sort of spiderwebby
one with sheer patches (Mask 7, I think). We'll see if anyone complains;
the name isn't really the important part. I'll rename him Raw Shark if I
have to. :)

> OT - I just found this site: http://www.watchmenmovie.com/
>
> Not much info yet, but it appears there is a Watchmen movie in the
> works.

Yes, I've been watching it come and go for several years. This attempt
seems to be getting there, but the ending that's in place right now is
lame. Minor spoiler warning, I suppose...

In the end, Doc Manhattan blasts Rorschach, Nite Owl and Silk Spectre
into a traffic intersection in 1985. *Our* 1985. All the people gather
'round and giggle at the silly people in costumes. Roll credits.

Gah. (That's the Sam Hamm script that's been floating around since about
1995. It might be changed. William H. Macy for 'Schach!!!)

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= RorShok: Level 8 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 11:21:41 AM

Shenanigunner wrote:

> Gah. (That's the Sam Hamm script that's been floating around since
about
> 1995. It might be changed. William H. Macy for 'Schach!!!)

Cool. Macy will be a great Rorschach.

"I'm going to keep breaking fingers on this man until someone talks."
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 1:09:55 PM

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:19:28 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net>
wrote:

>AS I said before - this is nothing but the devs FORCING people to team
>whether they want to or not, because they have removed soloing as a
>possibility for all missions.

YOu know, the rest has pretty much been responded to and is going in
circles, but this statement right here is complete and total bullshit.
The changes on test do not stop a regen scrapper from being able to
handily solo invincible level missions. Controllers can even still
solo Heroic (or maybe even a notch or two up) with care. The soloing
of missions has not been removed by a -LONG- shot, with the exception
of AV missions. But, these were never INTENDED to be soloable.

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
      • 1 / 2
      • 2
      • Newest