Email client

nob1clarke

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
Have installed W7 on a new computer - horrorstruck to find it didn't include an email client. I know I can use lots of other clients but I want to keep my email address, my folders full of emails, my contacts, and my sanity. Do I have to switch on my XP machine every time I want to get my emails???
#
Arthur Clarke

Least I repeat myself, From previous thread.

You can install Vista "Windows Mail" in Windows 7. Did it last night, However I still need to configure it (Have to find My password and didn't have time last night as I had to go bowling:. Any way here is the link on how to do it.

What I did was
(1) copied windows Vista Mail folder on to a thumb drive. Added: don't have vista windows mail, then you can download it (see link)
(2) Renamed Win 7 Windows Mail folder to "Windows mailBU"
(3) Coped vista's windows mail into Win 7, and ran the exe. It then started the "Setup".

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009 [...] nt-page-2/

Added, I believe the link above points to microsoft download for windows mail incase you do not have access to vista computer..

No it won't, I'm afraid. OE is dead and long live Windows Live Mail - or so say M$. Given that you have to change and if you tremble at the thought of getting accustomed to a new e-mail handler, you may as well use Mozilla Thunderbird which, in my and many others' opinions,. is far better anyway. It's less likely to change with the wind down at Redmond and is infinitely more configurable than the M$ bunch. That said, it works quite adequately out of the box and makes a good job of importing from Outlook or Outlook Express.