Logitech MX510 Optical Mouse

Who has experience using the Logitech MX510 gaming mouse for Quake and
similar type 3D shooters? I'd like to hear some feedback regarding
this mouse and if it's any good for first-person shooter games.

I've read in earlier posts that most gamers prefer the Logitech MX500
but the MX510 is a little newer but still looks like its predecessor.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Don Juan wrote:
> Who has experience using the Logitech MX510 gaming mouse for Quake and
> similar type 3D shooters? I'd like to hear some feedback regarding
> this mouse and if it's any good for first-person shooter games.
>
> I've read in earlier posts that most gamers prefer the Logitech MX500
> but the MX510 is a little newer but still looks like its predecessor.
>
> Thanks in advance for the feedback.

I own both mice and i'll never plug my mx500 in again.
The mx510 has no negative acceleration issues like the mx500 had.

well worth buying and i think the mx510's are cheaper than mx500's anyway

In article <iA2tc.8450$NK4.1012275@stones.force9.net>, john@btnospam.com
says...

> I own both mice and i'll never plug my mx500 in again.
> The mx510 has no negative acceleration issues like the mx500 had.

Could you elaborate on 'negative acceleration issue'. Does it mean that
mx500 registers moves as being slower when you move the mouse faster?