Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Kaspersky Anti-Virus??

Last response: in Antivirus / Security / Privacy
April 24, 2010 5:38:58 AM

I went with my Mom to bestbuy today to get her a computer, anyways, they gave us a copy of Kaspersky off the shelf.

I was wondering if this is better than the free norton security that comcast gives you??
I have never heard about them so I figured I was ask around. Thanks.

More about : kaspersky anti virus

April 24, 2010 5:45:22 AM

better go with avira free & malwarebytes ... it wil do better ..
m
l
April 24, 2010 5:58:01 AM

I have heard people recommend avira then others say to stay with the free norton. I got the malware bytes with the norton right now on all of are computers.
m
l
Related resources
a b 8 Security
a b è Antivirus
April 24, 2010 11:39:49 AM

1.avira free
2.malwarebytes sypware remover free edition and or superantispware free
3.pc tools firewall plus free
4.ccleaner , a free windows registry cleaner
5.revo uninstall free,the best uninstaller

great free tools!
m
l
April 24, 2010 3:14:02 PM

that was pretty cool, the list you gave me was given to me before, but then I stayed with norton cause someone said it would be just as good. I got the malware and cccleaner but I didn't use the pc tools firewall w/nortons firewall.
IDK I guess I can give Kaspersky a shot, the geek squad dude came out and was trying to sell me it. He kept telling me that its the best one out there and that I shouldn't use anything else. I don't know why he was trying to sell it, when they ended up giving it to me free.
The only thing is I thought I would try the setup on your list, so maybe I will uninstall norton and try each of them out.
m
l

Best solution

a b 8 Security
a b è Antivirus
April 24, 2010 7:46:47 PM

thanks for the input!

If my answers helped please vote best answer!
April 24, 2010 8:23:30 PM

I haven't tried either but maybe I will post what I thought of the 3. I would assume Kasper would be the best since it costs money. But hey you never know.
I figure when installing Kaspersky that I would only cccleaner and MalWare bytes, but if I were to get Free AntiVer I would also get pc tools and the rest.

m
l
July 6, 2010 3:19:30 PM

I'd say Kaspersky is the best antivirus solution available right now. Although Bit Defender and Vipre are both worth looking at as well. Theres a lot of information about antivirus software here: http://www.antivirusreviewers.com
m
l
a b 8 Security
a b è Antivirus
July 6, 2010 4:39:20 PM

i like vipre also i put it on my parents computers!
m
l
!