Force 16 bit Z-buffer

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

How can I force Quake3 (Arena Demo) to use a 16 bit Z-buffer? I have added the line
seta r_depthbits "16"
to both q3config.cfg and autoexec.cfg, but it still runs with a 24 bit Z-buffer:

PIXELFORMAT: color(32-bits) Z(24-bit) stencil(0-bits)
MODE: 9, 1600 x 1200 fullscreen hz:60

How can I change this? I'm using a nVidia Geforce FX 5950 Ultra under Windows XP.

Kermit

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2003

John wrote:
> How can I force Quake3 (Arena Demo) to use a 16 bit Z-buffer? I have added the line
> seta r_depthbits "16"
> to both q3config.cfg and autoexec.cfg, but it still runs with a 24 bit Z-buffer:
>
> PIXELFORMAT: color(32-bits) Z(24-bit) stencil(0-bits)
> MODE: 9, 1600 x 1200 fullscreen hz:60
>
> How can I change this? I'm using a nVidia Geforce FX 5950 Ultra under Windows XP.

you could always force the graphics card to use 16 instead of 24bit, but
you will find that in the driver menu ;)

TRENDING THREADS