Tropical wheather and oc dont mix....

mishima

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2007
I have my c2d6600 to 2.7 idle 37c to load 52c, i tried it go to 3.0ghz but the temps where not that good, went from idle 42c to full load on tat to 64-65c. I think its because im living in country with a tropical wheather and has a lot of moist.

i have my aircon on when im using my pc, but i think the moist is the real problem when oc to 3ghz?

Is there any thing i could do that would help me oc to 3 ghz?

im using a zalman 9700 cooler and artic silver paste...

Thanks

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
I have my c2d6600 to 2.7 idle 37c to load 52c, i tried it go to 3.0ghz but the temps where not that good, went from idle 42c to full load on tat to 64-65c. I think its because im living in country with a tropical wheather and has a lot of moist.

i have my aircon on when im using my pc, but i think the moist is the real problem when oc to 3ghz?

Thanks
one of the thing you can do is increase airflow in your tower. Install one or more fans to increase airflow. Also, don't place your tower at the bottom of the table, because the air circulation there sucks.

if doing those don't help at all (which i doubted), you might want to consider liquid cooling. :twisted:

P.S. just curious. where are you from?

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
What settings are you using?
Also what kind of cooler?

The temperature delta between idle and 100% load should not exceed 25'C.
Also, your CPU is safe below 70'C on TAT, but I'll recommend you to use a third parity util which can measure tCase temperature, unlike TAT which measures tJunction. tCase should be lower than tJunction and should not exceed 63'C

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

Thanks
I wouldn't think that the humidity level("Humidex Factor"... in Canada) would affect processor temps, like it would humans. I guess maybe if the air is very moisture-laden, it would have a harder time carrying heat away from the heatsink? Hmmm... Interesting. :)

mishima

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2007
I'm a Portuguese guy lost in Indonesia for some time now :lol: .

I Have my case on top of my table, and im not seeing how i could add some fans to my case, but ill be looking into that...

Water cooling is not a solution for me at the moment.

Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm

gOJDO what settings you need to know?