Potential problem with 64-bit vista

ultimabond

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
Hi all,
I currently have OEM vista 32-bit installed on a 250G hard drive but having 8 gigs of ram i thought it might be worth my while to upgrade to 64-bit as i have the cd for it. the problem is i was wanting to replace my 250G hard drive with a 1TB hard drive i have so install the 64-bit version on the 1TB drive rather than the current one i have. Will this be a problem? or will vista only allow me to install the 64-bit version on the current hard drive im using the 32-bit version on.
thx in advance!

i was wanting to replace my 250G hard drive with a 1TB hard drive i have so install the 64-bit version on the 1TB drive rather than the current one i have. Will this be a problem?

Just install Vista 64 on the new 1TB hard drive. You system will have a dual boot Vista32/64 with each OS installed on seperate HD's. A boot menu should appear on startup asking which HD/OS you want to boot to.

ultimabond

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
ya thats wat iv done now just was not sure if it would work as the software is OEM and thought the software might think new hard drive=new computer and not install but it turned out to be ok. thx for ur answer