Teefs

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2007
I recently bought a new computer and decided to intall Windows on a raid 5 this time around. Eveything was working fine until a graphics driver install went bad and my screen went blank. As a result, I was forced to do a manual reboot of the machine.

After I did this I started noticing very sluggish hard drive performance. My harddrive light is always on. I rebooted my machine and noticed a difference in the raid bios settings. Normally the status of my raid volume reads "Normal" in green print, but now it reads "Initialize" in yellow.

Does anyone have any idea what this means or what I can do to fix this?

Here are my specs:
Windows Vista 32-bit
2.4 ghz Core2 Quad
2 GB Corsair XMS DDR2 800
Asus PSW DH Deluxe with Intel 975X and ICH7R
EVGA 8800GTX
4 250GB Seagate HDs in RAID 5 configuration

dagiffy

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2007
Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the exact same problem and can't find the answer anywhere on the internet...

dagiffy

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2007
OK I did that. All drives are good to go. This happened after I installed some drivers after a reformat and reinstall of Windows XP Pro, so I'm thinking maybe I installed a driver that doesn't quite work right.

I thought I replied to this.
Anyway,

System restore. IF that doesn't fix it, start from the beginning again, installing one drive at a time. When you find the problem driver, system restore one install back and now you have a place to start investigating.