Sign in with
Your question
Closed

BEST bass headphones

Last response: in Components
June 2, 2007 9:04:03 PM

Im looking into geting some new headphones.
i am a bass lover cant lessen to music with out the bass
i currently have the Sony Fontopia Ear-Bud Headphones which do alot of bass but im wondering is there anything on the market right now that dose more bass
which headphones make most bass?

More about : bass headphones

June 3, 2007 12:21:49 AM

I have these v-moda

I listen to Drum and Bass music and it hits all bass notes.
June 3, 2007 1:38:23 AM

my max price range is 100$ noting more then that
i allways got trance music on and i just love bass , the sony headphones got good bass but yeah i dont know whats best , theres seem like best headphones i ever had
Related resources
June 3, 2007 1:48:09 AM

i like in in ear models because people outside of me cant hear the music i lessen to , sometimes it just weird siting on the bus with 50 people all quiet and haveing that 1 person in the back jaming to his song and everyone on the bus can hear it makes me feel weird
BTW anything from bestbuy.com or Newegg.com?
June 3, 2007 1:54:17 AM

yup 40$ off
bestbuy i have the lots of rewards coupons so i can almost get the item for free depending on its price
June 3, 2007 1:57:12 AM

hows the bass on the AKG K181DJ ? is it strong and hard like a sub woofer
June 3, 2007 2:11:24 AM

Quote:
i allways got trance music on and i just love bass , the sony headphones got good bass but yeah i dont know whats best , theres seem like best headphones i ever had

If they are still manufactured, the Sennheiser HD 212Pro will satisfy your Bass cravings without destroying the rest of the audio and fit nicely inside your budget.

Just do a google on reviews for this model and you will see what I mean. These phones will surprise you. They put my 12" woofers to shame.
June 3, 2007 2:26:46 AM

Quote:

If they are still manufactured, the Sennheiser HD 212Pro will satisfy your Bass cravings without destroying the rest of the audio and fit nicely inside your budget.

Just do a google on reviews for this model and you will see what I mean. These phones will surprise you. They put my 12" woofers to shame.

I've head several people say that the k81's beat the sennheisers in the same price range. I do love sennheiser too...

I haven't had the pleasure of listening to the K81's but I haven't listened to anything yet that beat the 212Pro sennheisers except for an old pair of Pickerings that sadly finally died on my several years back. Those suckers could bounce of your ears...., I miss them.

They were actually reviewed by everyone as having "too" much bass, but commended because they did not destroy the range.
June 3, 2007 2:26:51 AM

so out of
Sennheiser HD 212Pro
and
AKG K181DJ
which one has more bass
they both seem good and the sennheiser is cheeper by about 50$
i want BASS !!!
June 3, 2007 2:44:24 AM

Quote:
so out of
Sennheiser HD 212Pro
and
AKG K181DJ
which one has more bass
they both seem good and the sennheiser is cheeper by about 50$
i want BASS !!!

I can't speak for the K181's but the 212Pro's are ALL about the BASS, anyone who has a pair or ever listened to one will tell you that.
June 3, 2007 2:48:39 AM

hum yeah im going to go with the SENNHEISER DJs HD212
also cheeper in price 50$ cheeper now unless anyone got something to stop me from buying them talk now or for ever hold your words .. will buy in 40 min
June 3, 2007 3:08:53 AM

dam from that post i seen then im going to use my 40$ off coupon and get the ones hat you said i just want the bass i want so much bass i to make my eyes shake
June 3, 2007 3:21:42 AM

tooo late i got the k81 DJ's tot price 78$ shiping was 5 bucks and some cents i cant wait till they come ... too bad its sunday tomarrow they going to be here maybe wensday im turning 18 in july
June 3, 2007 4:45:17 AM

Quote:
I know, I got them too so they'll prolly get here at the same time. been meaning to for a while actually. I expect them to be pretty nice for cheapy headphones that I can wear out and about. My home use ones are just too much to be portable (even with a pocket amplifier)

oh my last opinions.. these are also good because they will isolate the sound from other people. So they wont hear your shyt on the bus! I usually just use my px100s when im out and about since all my other headphones are huge and require my amp to get the pro quality sound out of them anyway. Also, the px100's let too much outside sound in if its noisy so the k81s should be just about right. Lastly, not that it matters much but these look way tighter if you're wearing them out too...

anyway out for the night.. post back here how you like em though.. its the very least you can do for me after all the replies I have spent bored waiting for party time! :D  haha hope you enjoy
Once i get them il post how good they are I cant wait ... :)  hopefully it would ship out tomorrow order is complete just got to wait for it to ship ...
June 3, 2007 4:54:38 AM

For under $100 the Grado SR-80 is the best headphone. Go ahead check out the reviews. This headphone sounded a lot better than my other headphones that costs twice as much. I'm using X-Fi sound card for the music and it sounded a lot better. Trust me you'll get good crisps highs and meds and a deep sounding bass. The price is very well worth it.
June 6, 2007 7:48:32 PM

WOW DUDE i just got them all i got to say DAMMMM theres are made for music u can tell , the bass man...makes my face move .. made just for music sound is nice no cracks just ...sound! fits my head nicely ...i think im going to sit here and just JAM to my music !!! thanks man these are very very good nice looking good quality noting looks like it will rip in a month
June 6, 2007 8:35:02 PM

Quote:
damn are you one of those etards who goes to raves and sits inside the speakers all f'd up on pills trying to get as much bass as you can till you cant even see straight? LOL jk

Haha Nice one!
June 6, 2007 10:01:10 PM

Quote:
damn are you one of those etards who goes to raves and sits inside the speakers all f'd up on pills trying to get as much bass as you can till you cant even see straight? LOL jk

Haha Nice one!lol well almost like that kinda sometimes :p 
June 6, 2007 11:16:09 PM

Quote:

Haha Nice one!lol well almost like that kinda sometimes :p 

Yeah sure, knowing you...
June 6, 2007 11:48:47 PM

There is a set of Bose headphones for around $130 at BestBuy with great Bass. (waits for the hate to subside)

Ok now that the collective groan from audiophiles has subsided, let me say this: Yes, a true audiophile disdains Bose and its lack of tweeters in its mainstream speaker offerings, but these headphones might actually be a decent product from them. Im normally a Klipsche, JBL, or Harmon Kardon user, but these headphones, they alright.
June 7, 2007 4:27:44 AM

I'm a fan of the Sennheiser HD555 myself those sound fantastic.
June 7, 2007 4:41:11 AM

Quote:
There is a set of Bose headphones for around $130 at BestBuy with great Bass...

.... Throws up* :tongue:

Bro, those Bose headphones sounds like a joke to me, for some reason they seem to be crappy heaphones... seriously Y_Y
June 7, 2007 4:54:51 AM

Im good with these , all i got to do is get use to the slight ear pain ... because like the muffs crush my ears , but its all good still worth the price and sound,these going to last me a LONG time. also made S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl more scary :p 
June 7, 2007 4:56:33 AM

Quote:
Im good with these , all i got to do is get use to the slight ear pain ... because like the muffs crush my ears , but its all good still worth the price and sound,these going to last me a LONG time. also made S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl more scary :p 

Make sure you dont make them explode with Bass overload ;) 
June 7, 2007 5:44:39 AM

Quote:
There is a set of Bose headphones for around $130 at BestBuy with great Bass...

.... Throws up* :tongue:

I concur! :wink:
June 7, 2007 4:42:58 PM

humm i woke up put them on and they don't hurt my ears .. they fit just on , hope they stay like that. nice stuff thanks man
BTW the sound cancellation is sooo good i cant hear noting not my phone not people talking around me , and they cant hear my music , not one beat . i think you could yell really really loud and i wont hear it, cant even hear the fire alarm 8O
June 7, 2007 5:48:24 PM

Quote:
i think you could yell really really loud and i wont hear it, cant even hear the fire alarm 8O

now thats crzy
June 7, 2007 6:23:54 PM

Those Sony Dj-700 are the best headphones for bass I have owned. The cord is coiled and long, the plug is solid and can be unscrewed to fit 1/8" plugs. They will destroy your hearing though, so be careful. I DJ for 5 years and my right ear has noticably less response to sound than my left ear.

I am using etymiotic in-ear phones now. They offer ~27 db of passive noise cancellation and have reference quiality drivers. I keep them on the lowest volume level and can hear EVERY note. Too sweet!
June 7, 2007 7:23:41 PM

You're an audiologists dream come true! Keep up the good work.
June 7, 2007 8:34:06 PM

as an audiophile I can tell you this: V-Moda Vibe hands-down. Win's every time when it comes to bass.
June 7, 2007 9:11:58 PM

If you want comfort and lightweigt then check out the Bose Triport. I know it's overpriced and my SR80 sounds better, but the Triport is very lightweight and comfortable, I used it for long hours of gaming and not getting any discomfort from it.

Grado SR-80, best sound fidelity, under $100. Great quality build.

Bose Triport, $150, lighweight and very comfortable, plastic build.
June 7, 2007 11:46:27 PM

PEople please buy the BOSE headphones! THEY ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!!

j/k
June 13, 2007 4:57:55 AM

Quote:
humm i woke up put them on and they don't hurt my ears .. they fit just on , hope they stay like that. nice stuff thanks man
BTW the sound cancellation is sooo good i cant hear noting not my phone not people talking around me , and they cant hear my music , not one beat . i think you could yell really really loud and i wont hear it, cant even hear the fire alarm 8O

Watch out for cars when you're walking down the street. That's the major disadvantage. I'm sure you've probably already had a few close calls. 8O

Sony MDRV700 = Brain rattling bass with lacklustre top end, which is fine coinsidering the market it is aimed at. They end up becoming uncomfortable after a while due to the pressure that they apply to your ear (they sit ON it), not to mention that they are heavy. Robust, but as StevenT points out, the joints will break. Easily repaired though.

I have/had a pair of these (lent them to a friend 2 years ago and haven't asked for them back :p  ). I bought the Sony MDRF1's because I needed something good for classical.
June 13, 2007 2:04:07 PM

Quote:

j/k

ARRRGHHHH NOOOO! Bose actually makes pretty terrible stuff. Get the V-Moda Vibe instead. Best earbuds for $100.
June 13, 2007 3:18:03 PM

Quote:

j/k

ARRRGHHHH NOOOO! Bose actually makes pretty terrible stuff. Get the V-Moda Vibe instead. Best earbuds for $100. yeah if you want ok for bass and sound if you got 50$ and want ear buds then get those , bu if you got more money to spend go for the big boys

by the way the akg k181dj are now nice and soft to my ears no pain i can keep them on all day with no probs
June 13, 2007 4:24:54 PM

Quote:

j/k

ARRRGHHHH NOOOO! Bose actually makes pretty terrible stuff. Get the V-Moda Vibe instead. Best earbuds for $100. yeah if you want ok for bass and sound if you got 50$ and want ear buds then get those , bu if you got more money to spend go for the big boys

by the way the akg k181dj are now nice and soft to my ears no pain i can keep them on all day with no probs

I cant believe u listen to 80 mins (yes no typo) techno mixes. Thats crazy
June 13, 2007 4:28:38 PM

Quote:

j/k

well just because u dont like Armin van Buuren presents - A State of Trance dosent mean i have to hang my self,i dont say noting to your reggaeton which by my vote is worst music.
*BTW* dont u got something to overclock... go overclock your tooth brush or something
June 13, 2007 4:31:24 PM

Quote:

j/k

well just because u dont like Armin van Buuren presents - A State of Trance dosent mean i have to hang my self i dont say noting to your reggaeton which by my vote is worst music

1. I never said techno is bad
2. I never said armin bauuuren was bad
3. I never said reggaeton was my favorite music
4. I never said hang urself

I too listen to techno, but i just said is amazing how people like u spend their lives listening to a 80min remix. I listen to techno, but they usually 2mins to 4 mins long. And I like reggaeton, rap, rock and I dont care if people complain about what I listen.
June 13, 2007 4:33:26 PM

Quote:

j/k

well just because u dont like Armin van Buuren presents - A State of Trance dosent mean i have to hang my self i dont say noting to your reggaeton which by my vote is worst music

I too listen to techno, but i just said is amazing how people like u spend their lives listening to a 80min remix. I listen to techno, but they usually 2mins to 4 mins long. And I like reggaeton, rap, rock and I dont care if people complain about what I listen.well because thats just one song when ts a show in the mix its more then one song .. what u think happens when u go to a club they play 1 song then switch it , na they play it as 1 big mix and thats how i like my music, yeah i do got 4-6 min songs but not to many i like shows better just my thing
June 13, 2007 4:42:10 PM

Quote:

j/k

I too listen to techno, but i just said is amazing how people like u spend their lives listening to a 80min remix. I listen to techno, but they usually 2mins to 4 mins long. And I like reggaeton, rap, rock and I dont care if people complain about what I listen.well because thats just one song when ts a show in the mix its more then one song .. what u think happens when u go to a club they play 1 song then switch it , na they play it as 1 big mix and thats how i like my music, yeah i do got 4-6 min songs but not to many i like shows better just my thing

Exactly, in clubs thats why I said you were crazy listening to them at home everyday 24/7.

But i never said it was wrong, it was just a comment.
June 13, 2007 4:48:54 PM

Quote:

j/k

Exactly, in clubs thats why I said you were crazy listening to them at home everyday 24/7.

But i never said it was wrong, it was just a comment.my music comes straight from club cant help it
June 13, 2007 4:52:08 PM

Quote:

j/k

But i never said it was wrong, it was just a comment.my music comes straight from club cant help it

Thats ok, you are not the only one

BTW, isnt 33180 a zip code? 8O
June 13, 2007 4:54:47 PM

Quote:

j/k

you should download m@re R@m!
btw download ram here

yeah 33180 is a zip code if you would go outside you should know yours is 33160 so 33180 should be across the bay that u live at
June 13, 2007 5:20:43 PM

Quote:

j/k

btw download ram here

yeah 33180 is a zip code if you would go outside you should know yours is 33160 so 33180 should be across the bay that u live at

How do u know mines is 33160?

and how do u download ram? I wanna try that :D 
June 13, 2007 5:30:36 PM

Quote:

j/k

btw download ram here

i know it because you touch your self at night
If you want to download ram you got to go to this link
wait like 4 min and the link should appear
DOWNLOAD RAM
June 13, 2007 6:49:57 PM

Quote:

j/k

btw download ram here

i know it because you touch your self at night
If you want to download ram you got to go to this link
wait like 4 min and the link should appear
DOWNLOAD RAM

I dont touch myself at night. I dont do that, but it seems you love to do it since you say are saying it...
I know how to download RAM, but I just wanted to know how stupid your answer was gonna be.

Dam youtube freaks
June 13, 2007 7:11:22 PM

Quote:
Once you've listened to headphones that are of high quality there's no way you can go back to any fart cannons. Its just horrible to listen to.

My fart cannon is attached permanently.

Quote:
If you're not into spending 150 on super nice headphones. AND yes it really is worth it.

I have a wide variety of phones for studio work and have found that you cando pretty good for about $100. I picked up some AKG and Sennheiser closed phones in that price range recently and they both are excellent. But once you pop up into the $300 and above range, you can find outstanding headphones from the above, Grado, etc. Is it worth the bucks? Not for most people but it is for me. I've listened to the $13,000 Sennheisers and although they were incredible, I was not tempted to drop that kind of coin.
June 13, 2007 7:38:50 PM

Quote:
Once you've listened to headphones that are of high quality there's no way you can go back to any fart cannons. Its just horrible to listen to.

My fart cannon is attached permanently.

Quote:
If you're not into spending 150 on super nice headphones. AND yes it really is worth it.

I have a wide variety of phones for studio work and have found that you cando pretty good for about $100. I picked up some AKG and Sennheiser closed phones in that price range recently and they both are excellent. But once you pop up into the $300 and above range, you can find outstanding headphones from the above, Grado, etc. Is it worth the bucks? Not for most people but it is for me. I've listened to the $13,000 Sennheisers and although they were incredible, I was not tempted to drop that kind of coin.

Really? I have 10$ to spend, can you suggest something that is the best and in my price range? lol.

I hear what you are saying! The same concept applies to speakers. $50 (each) sony speakers are fine, but once you get into really great speakers, (not bose), like B&O/B&W speakers, you dont want to go back. B&O makes some great headphones too, but not in the standard price range of $50.
June 13, 2007 7:44:03 PM

Quote:
I listen to 80 min+ DJ sets of progressive house, trance, psy, drum n bass all the time. What's weird about that? Some people like it. Some dont. Same with any music.

http://darinepsilon.com/downloads/mixes_2006/Darin_Epsi...

http://darinepsilon.com/downloads/mixes_2005/Darin_Epsi...

http://darinepsilon.com/downloads/mixes_2005/radio/Dari...

Steve, please understand my point is not that Im complaining or going against it, I just said its amazing how people listen to the 80mins mixes. It was a comment, I never insulted or try to offend anybody :wink:

That music you put look interesting, let me check them out ;) 
June 13, 2007 7:54:19 PM

Quote:
I listen to 80 min+ DJ sets of progressive house, trance, psy, drum n bass all the time. What's weird about that? Some people like it. Some dont. Same with any music.

here's some progressive heh

http://darinepsilon.com/downloads/streams/Darin_Epsilon...

ohhh nice thanks for those 320 kbps :)  time to jam !!

dont mind slim hes just a hater
all u got to do is put on your hater blockers
btw StevenT do u got any nice psychedelic trance ?
!