Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking an E6400 in a tightish case.

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Overclocking
  • Cases
  • Product
Last response: in Overclocking
June 2, 2007 9:25:57 PM

I kind of have a unique situation here.

When I built my system I was not thinking of overcloking but reading all the posts got me thinking, I am going to upgrade my video crad and ram soon and now im hoping for a little extra punch from my processor.

Intel E 6400 in an Antec Fusion case cooled with a CM Hyper 48 in a GA-965GM-S2.

idle temp 40, two hours of stalker and temp is 41 so pretty stable temp.

Is it possible to overclock with these settings? Is the motherboard up to it? and what can I get away with?

Thanks in advance.

More about : overclocking e6400 tightish case

a b à CPUs
June 2, 2007 10:48:24 PM

Quote:
I kind of have a unique situation here.

When I built my system I was not thinking of overcloking but reading all the posts got me thinking, I am going to upgrade my video crad and ram soon and now im hoping for a little extra punch from my processor.

Intel E 6400 in an Antec Fusion case cooled with a CM Hyper 48 in a GA-965GM-S2.

idle temp 40, two hours of stalker and temp is 41 so pretty stable temp.

Is it possible to overclock with these settings? Is the motherboard up to it? and what can I get away with?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:

I use the CM Hyper in an Apreiva XQ Pack to overclock my 805-D from 2.6 to 3.5 without any heat issue. The CM Hyper is slightly better than the stock 775 cooler because it has a 92 mm fan that turns 2700 rpm. I also have a Zalman case HD160B which is similar to the Antec Fusion. I use the Zalman 9500 in that case with a C2D e6600. I haven't overclocked that system, but it idles in the mid to high 30c range. Your Antec Fusion case should not be any problem or limiting factor at all if you want to overclock. I have this case running at 30ishC idle with an e6600.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
June 3, 2007 12:31:40 AM

Excellent, just what the doctor ordered!

Thanks!!!!
June 3, 2007 4:07:06 AM

Actually sinse I have your ear,

Are you satisfied with your Hyper 48? I found it to be good at cooling but very very loud, any idea what I did wrong?

Also how high an overclock did you get away with?

I am now at 2400 only and under Prime 95's torture test Speed fan reads:

Temp1: 40c
Temp2:64c
Temp3:-2c
Core0:55c
Core1:54c
!