tokolosh

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Hi,

Somehow resolution on monitor got changed, and now trying to change it back to the maximum setting (using Vista 32b or settings on monitor), & am still getting this stretched effect. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks heaps.

tokolosh

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009

Hi Pat,
Firstly many thanks for the response. I've tried to reset using the Vista Control Panel (max 1600x1200 available) and I've tried to reset to default settings (using the buttons on the monitor max 1650x1050). The image on the screen still looks like it's stretched horizontally so it's not getting that usual crystal clear resolution before. Tried going back to low resolution, and then back up again but it doesn't seem to work.

Not sure if you have any other ideas I could try.

Thanks again, Volks

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
Im not sure what you mean by changing the settings on the monitor.
Is it a TV or a monitor?
Either way they should be the same settings.

Also what type of video card do you have.
If it is Nividia look under desktop size and posistion and see what the scaling options are set to and post back.

Please also post the specs of what you have so I can see them.

tokolosh

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009

Hello Pat - apologies for the delay in replying (work was a bit hectic). Just to let you know that I did a system recovery to a point before the issue started, and that seems to have fixed the problem. Looking through the log it seems to have been a system update I accepted for the Monitor Pivot SW - am getting the vendor to confirm this for me. Sorry to have taken your time, and many thanks for your help. Rgds, Volks