Hey guys. I'm having a little trouble w/my remote desktop. Well, this is what I've done and tried so far:
-[X] Allow users to connect remotely to this computer.
- Created and added users.
- Enabled Remote Desktop in windows firewall exceptions
- Tried disabling windows firewall all together. (had no effect)
- When I go to canyouseeme.org none of my ports can be read.
- I'm not using any other firewalls. Have Symantec AntiVirus and SpyBot.
- I've also tried Windows Firewall>Advanced> then selecting the connection I use for my internet
then going to Settings and selecting all the services.
I've kind of run out of ideas. When I enter my IP address into my browser (I use Firefox, although I have tried IE7), I get a login pop up, I enter one of my user names and password and I get the following error (in Firefox, IE7 just times out):
Error accessing the OLE registry.
/iisHelp/common/500-100.asp, line 17
That being said, that's what I get while trying to access from the same computer that I'm trying to connect to remotely. However, when I try to connect from another computer it just gets timed out.