mx500 mouse hang

Kermit

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2003

Hello,

a friend of mine encountered a rather strange problem with his mx500
mouse. While playing the mouse hangs for a brief moment and then works
again, but leaving a mouse pointer on the screen. Apparently this also
happens under windows normally, but resulting the pointer to disappear.
I had a quick check on the machine for anything unusual but looks all OK.
I wonder if anyone had a similar problem and would like to know how you
resolved it or if you have any ideas?

thx

K^

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Kermit wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a friend of mine encountered a rather strange problem with his mx500
> mouse. While playing the mouse hangs for a brief moment and then works
> again, but leaving a mouse pointer on the screen. Apparently this also
> happens under windows normally, but resulting the pointer to
> disappear. I had a quick check on the machine for anything unusual
> but looks all OK. I wonder if anyone had a similar problem and would
> like to know how you resolved it or if you have any ideas?
>
> thx
>
> K^

Could be it's disconnecting and reconnecting caused by a break in the cable
somewhere,happened to me once.
Wiggle the cable gently between your fingers where it goes into the mouse
and work along it.Don't damage it yourself doing this they can be pretty
thin inside.
If on winxp plug it into usb and a windows sound will play when it discons
and recons.

TRENDING THREADS