Not able to access folder from LAN

mayank

Distinguished
May 7, 2005

I am not able to access folder from one PC through LAN. It is asking for user
name and password. If i give this it allows me access. while sharing
permissions are given to everyone and even "everyone" is included in security
also.
Please suggest what to do in this case.

On Tue, 31 May 2005 04:17:25 -0700, Mayank wrote:

> I am not able to access folder from one PC through LAN. It is asking for user
> name and password. If i give this it allows me access. while sharing
> permissions are given to everyone and even "everyone" is included in security
> also.
> Please suggest what to do in this case.

The network is just making sure that you're an authorized "everyone." A
simple way around this is to add a user account on the machine that you're
trying to reach. Use the same user name and password as the account on the
machine where your request to access the folder originates.

More info on creating and maintaining shares in XP (Home or Pro) can be
found here:
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_filesharing/whole.htm

--
Sharon F