Sign in with
Your question

XP Pro with 6 floppies - How to create bootable CD

Tags:
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
May 9, 2009 6:35:00 PM

I have a copy of XP Pro. It is not a bootable copy. I have to first load 6 floppies and then the CD. Ii is a legal copy and i have no problems restoring the operating system if I use the floppies first. Can I create a bootable CD using the 6 floppies and the XP Pro CD?

More about : pro floppies create bootable

May 9, 2009 9:19:28 PM

I don't think I've ever seen a copy of xp come with 6 floppy's before. Try copying all of the files from the floppies and the disc to a single folder. Make sure you have the option set to view hidden files. Then copy and paste all the files to a blank disc and burn them.
May 12, 2009 11:24:23 AM

you copied the disk and it does not boot any longer, so you are using the other boot option that MSFT supplied, most people have never even heard if it but I have the program that makes the 6 disks, if you would have made a .ISO copy of the original, that it would have worked, as for the problem get N-Lite and use the option to make a bootable CD, then drop all the files in the load screen and burn that to a CD, Good Luck
Related resources
May 12, 2009 11:43:12 AM

I tried all the boot programs that I could find, and N-lite was the only one that actually made a bootable CD out of a non- bootable cd, FWIW, if you another one that works let me know
!