who can help with this one

Now this message makes the game unplayable:
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
....wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
....deleting GL context: success
....releasing DC: success
....destroying window
....resetting display
....shutting down QGL
....unloading OpenGL DLL
-----------------------
User Interface is version 4, expected 3
:Who tells me what to do with that problem.

Thanks!

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Frans Fennema wrote:
> Now this message makes the game unplayable:
> Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
> ...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
> ...deleting GL context: success
> ...releasing DC: success
> ...destroying window
> ...resetting display
> ...shutting down QGL
> ...unloading OpenGL DLL
> -----------------------
> User Interface is version 4, expected 3
>> Who tells me what to do with that problem.
>
> Thanks!

From your previous post i assume your trying to play TA.
TA installs an early point release when you install it so if you've
installed TA after the point release your trying to play on it will over
write it.
Reinstall the latest point release your trying to play on(you didnt say
which PR)

"John" <john@btnospam.com> wrote in message
> Frans Fennema wrote:
> > Now this message makes the game unplayable:
> > Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
> > ...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
> > ...deleting GL context: success
> > ...releasing DC: success
> > ...destroying window
> > ...resetting display
> > ...shutting down QGL
> > ...unloading OpenGL DLL
> > -----------------------
> > User Interface is version 4, expected 3
> >> Who tells me what to do with that problem.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> From your previous post i assume your trying to play TA.
> TA installs an early point release when you install it so if you've
> installed TA after the point release your trying to play on it will over
> write it.
> Reinstall the latest point release your trying to play on(you didnt say
> which PR)

point release 1.32., but the whole quake game is a disaster under my windows
xp. I get a program termination, the screen is very uneasy to watch. I have
the same problem with wolfenstein. I took XP because everybody said it was
more solid system then 98 But I never got so many program terminations since
this inconveniance was installed.

On 5/31/2004 9:45 PM Frans Fennema brightened our day with:

>Now this message makes the game unplayable:
>Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
>...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
>...deleting GL context: success
>...releasing DC: success
>...destroying window
>...resetting display
>...shutting down QGL
>...unloading OpenGL DLL
>-----------------------
>User Interface is version 4, expected 3
>:Who tells me what to do with that problem.
>
>Thanks!

All of your problems have been answered countless times years ago, just
do a little research and you can figure it out.

--
"I'm not made of money, we'll swim to Oakland"

Steve [Inglo]

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Frans Fennema wrote:
> point release 1.32., but the whole quake game is a disaster under my
> windows xp. I get a program termination, the screen is very uneasy to
> watch. I have the same problem with wolfenstein. I took XP because
> everybody said it was more solid system then 98 But I never got so
> many program terminations since this inconveniance was installed.

Well reinstall point release 1.32 and it should work.

As for the "uneasy to watch" i think you mean the refresh rate flicker which
doesn't happen under 98,you need to dl this
http://www.kcolspac.co.uk/int/files/ReForce.zip
run it and click autopopulate,click save then when you next change your
video resolution it will automatically use the highest refresh rate for the
chosen resolution which yoiur monitor will allow.