Lost the "My Documents" icon on the desktop..

How do I put it back on my desktop?

Seems like a simple enough fix, yet with XP, I'm stumped..

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about lost documents icon desktop

    Right-click on your Desktop and select:
    Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Restore Default

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "RLM" wrote:

    | How do I put it back on my desktop?
    |
    | Seems like a simple enough fix, yet with XP, I'm stumped..
    |
    | Thanks

    Thanks, much appreciated! :))

    > Right-click on your Desktop and select:
    > Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Restore Default
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "RLM" wrote:
    >
    > | How do I put it back on my desktop?
    > |
    > | Seems like a simple enough fix, yet with XP, I'm stumped..
    > |
    > | Thanks

    from start menu, go to the My Documents listed there, right click and click
    "Show on Desktop".

    "RLM" <rlm42459[nospam]@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > How do I put it back on my desktop?
    >
    > Seems like a simple enough fix, yet with XP, I'm stumped..
    >
    > Thanks

Desktops My Documents Microsoft Windows XP