CamaroShifter88

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
ok, from what I understand, whenever you buy a card that has higher memory, TYPICALLY you won't see a *big* difference from the lower memory cards. I have a 32" LG 720p HDTV, and I'm looking at playing a few games on it and break it in. In this regards, I'm wondering what graphics card to stick with, as my $ isn't exactly "limited", but why bother spending the extra dough when there's little difference.

ie.. I know a 640mb card will perform roughly the same as a 320mb @ 1280x1024. However, there'll be a much larger difference whenever played at higher resolutions. What I'm asking in general, is does this apply the same with HDTV? I mean.. 720p is a pretty small resolution, so I figured a 320mb would easily suffice if this was the case.

maybe I'm WAY off.. any advice? I'm thinking either 8800GTS or 8800GTX.. MAYBE ATI's.. maybe..

thanks

The GTS 320 will be plenty. I play COD2 on a 32'' TV at that res with a GeForce 6800 (see comp in sig) and it handles it ok. I also play games like C&C3 and it works fine. If you want the option of DX10 then stick with the GTS, otherwise you could probably save yourself money and get a 7900GS or an X1950pro for 100 less.

CamaroShifter88

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
ehh.. I'm running on a 7900GT while we speak.. so that's not a problem at all. I just want something that'll run about max settings at this resolution (i know a few games don't.. such as oblivion, but I'm excluding those exceptions.)

Thanks for the feedback! that makes things much easier!

EDIT: As far as the input wiring goes, I guess I should just stick w/ some component connectors (RGB)?