bobakin

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
I have a unique situation and needed some assistance. I have a laptop in a remote facility with an audio device attached to it. I have a cable attached from the audio out port of the device to the MIC port of the laptop. I establish an RDP session to the laptop however I am unable to hear or record the sound coming from the remote audio device from the RDP session.

Is there anyway that I can get the audio from the device connected to he remote laptop over RDP session. Or is there a device out there that can transfer audio from a remote device over internet?

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
what are you using to connect to the computer, in messenger it has it's own control for the sound, I've learned the hard way that if the sound won't work to look there before I tear everything apart, maybe the software that you are using has the same issue

bobakin

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
When connected via RDP the only sound option available is Microsoft RDP Redirector driver. Thus only allowing the most basic sound options. I connect record nor hear or utilize anything attached to the Mic or Line-In port on the remote machine.