Wireless card to router with different brand?

antohnee

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
well im thinking of purchasing a D-link wireless router, as its on sale right now, but i was wondering if maybe a Linksys wireless adapter card for my pc would work with the D-link router? also if i hook up the wireless router into a wired adapter, would that work too?

antohnee

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2007
well my question is if i have a modem connected to a wired router which is connected to my computer, can i also connect a wireless router to the wired router, cuz i heard hooking the computer to a wired router gives more speed than a wireless router, so i was wondering if i could have a wired and wireless router running on the same internet

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006

All wireless routers also allow for hardwiring so really don't need 2 routers. If you already have a router that isn't wireless, I'd just replace it. Generally you're supposed hardwire one computer to a wireless router anyway.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Could speed it up a bit but if you have a strong wireless connection not real noticeable. You will have fewer problems with dropped connections. I prefer having my main computer hardwired, although I really don't have problems with my wireless. I'm using a ZyXEL x-550 router, which I think is the main reasons I don't have many wireless problems, very good router