USB Weirdness

Well this is a first for me, I'm working on a machine with WinXP Home installed, I cannot get the machine to recognize the printer, been through 2 different printers, an HP first, then a Kodak, 4 different USB 2.0 cables, three different XP Home reinstallations XP SP1, XP SP2, and XP SP3.

The USB ports are operational, they'll recognize other USB devices, External HDD, Thumb Drives, Multi Card reader Etc., but will not recognize the printer?

Lost count on the Install and uninstall of the printer software so far.

Tried the power work around too.

Completely baffled by this??????????

Spent an hour on the phone with Kodaks Support line running every test and walk through the support guy had in his arsenal, and actually I had done more than he was aware of, reading off his procedure outline wonder guide.

Finally did one last little Kodak force print test of which I didn't know you could do and he informed me obviously the only answer was the printers USB input/output port was dead, so we had funeral rights over the phone.

The guy was really nice, lives in India, why do all these companies have support in India?

Anyway I was solidly sure the computer wasn't the fault, as every fix I could find and applied through my online searching should have resolved the issues, whats the possibilities of getting 2 bad printers one from HP and one from Kodak?

The possibilities are great, because thats exactly whats happened in this situation, installed one of my known good and 100% operational printers to the PC, and it recognized the printer and printed?

All I can say now is ROFLMAO!

Sometimes you just have to laugh it off! Case Closed Ryan

Thanks number13 for your help!