Acer erecovery not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayc57

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Hello,
We have a few Acer notebooks and have had Acer desktops before.

The erecovery utility has always been fine until this one. I can't find the factory image backups I made when we 1st bought it, but successfully re-imaged from hard disk.

Making the backups to DVD has been very frustrating (hit and miss) but eventually succeeded.

However, making a backup to DVD of the system and apps since cleaning bloatware, patching and installing anti-threat (basically where you want to restore to if needed) has been near impossible.

Afetr a few attempts I was able to backup to hard disk, but then making DVD's is a fools errand it seems. Managed to make the 1st disk of 3 once, but now can't even do that.

Have re-installed eRecovery after d/l from Acer site, disabled all anti-threat and not running any other apps.

What is the go here?

rayc57

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
UPDATE

Have given up on eRecovery and using the OEM NTI Backup NOW that was installed as part of the image.

Life's too short to waste it trying to get things to do what they are meant to when there are other ways to skin the same cat.

Cheers

PS. I recommend anyone else in the same predicament cut their loses early and take the same approach to resolving it

Status
Not open for further replies.