New to Vista - 3 issues

Just got my new pc today and I am having the following issues

1) I have 12 gb of ram installed and only 8 are showing ??
2) Two HDD installed only showing 1 in my computer
3) purchased 64 bit and it is currently using 32 bit

MOBO
ASUS P6T SE

PROCESSOR
i7 920

RAM
12 GB (3X2) Mushkin XP3-12800 DDR3 RAM

HDD
WD 150 GB velociraptor
WD 500 GB CAV Black (this one shows up)

OS
Vista Home Premium 64 bit
8 answers Last reply
More about vista issues
  1. waketech said:
    Just got my new pc today and I am having the following issues

    1) I have 12 gb of ram installed and only 8 are showing ??
    2) Two HDD installed only showing 1 in my computer
    3) purchased 64 bit and it is currently using 32 bit

    MOBO
    ASUS P6T SE

    PROCESSOR
    i7 920

    RAM
    12 GB (3X2) Mushkin XP3-12800 DDR3 RAM

    HDD
    WD 150 GB velociraptor
    WD 500 GB CAV Black (this one shows up)

    OS
    Vista Home Premium 64 bit


    All,

    problems have been solved, there was a setup error at the shop that built the PC
  2. Terrific. Care to expose them. ;)
  3. badge said:
    Terrific. Care to expose them. ;)


    Yes! So we can shoot them with a Screaming Slingshot Monkey! ;)
  4. Scotteq said:
    Yes! So we can shoot them with a Screaming Slingshot Monkey! ;)


    LOL! Can you do somethng with This. I think this tool should be used often to point out errors like this. Like the forum mascot for stupid computing posts.
  5. The tech responsible for this. Testing...one..two...we have a Forum masoct.

  6. Let's just say it was a computer company in Edmonton. I won't give out the name because their sales and service through this issue has been great (fixed in about an hour)
  7. I would send the company a reminder Vista retail has been on the shelves since January 2007. A lot of installation tutorials are available through Google. Even the sales people at Best Buy know when a 32 bit version is installed where a 64 bit version 'should be'. What do you think of the new Forum mascot? I hope that system of yous doesn't catch on fire with all this online activity. ;)

    Edit for Writer's embellishments.
  8. waketech said:
    Let's just say it was a computer company in Edmonton. I won't give out the name because their sales and service through this issue has been great (fixed in about an hour)



    Good Deal! :sol:
Ask a new question

Read More

Western Digital Windows Vista