IE Toolbar

Somehow I do not have what looks ot me like a normal toolbar. I have most of
the icons, but somehow I have a addr. bar that is nearly 1/2 screen long. It
is keeping me from getting all the icons I want to display.
I have gone thru a lost of WinXp Help but can't find anything dealing w/this
situation.

I am new to XP so I am not as adepth w/it as w/98. TIA.
2 answers Last reply
More about toolbar

    Left click where it says Address and hold the mouse button down. The cursor should change to a 4 direction arrow. Now you can drag it wherever you want. If it doesn't change, right click the toolbar and unlock it.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    In news:y43ne.5772$Lb.1287@trndny05,
    Larry Mauriello <larrym6833@verizon.net> typed:

    > Somehow I do not have what looks ot me like a normal toolbar. I
    > have
    > most of the icons, but somehow I have a addr. bar that is
    > nearly 1/2
    > screen long. It is keeping me from getting all the icons I want
    > display. I have gone thru a lost of WinXp Help but can't find
    > anything dealing
    > w/this situation.

    Do you want to get rid of the address bar or make it smaller?

    If you want to get rid of it, right-click a blank part of the
    task bar, choose Toolbars, and uncheck Address.

    If you want to make it smaller, grab the vertical divider bar at
    its right and drag it to the left.

    If you have trouble with this, the task bar may be locked. In
    that case, right click on it and uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then
    try again.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

Internet Explorer Microsoft Icons Windows XP