Last response: in Overclocking
June 3, 2007 2:53:21 PM

does lapping the cpu voids its warranty?? 8O

More about : lapping cpu

June 3, 2007 3:28:49 PM

:idea:
YES
June 4, 2007 1:26:44 AM

Yes, just as much as overclocking it does.

So, if you are overclocking, (which is the only reason why you'd be interested in lapping anyhow), go ahead.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 4, 2007 2:00:40 PM

but if somthing happens to the cpu during the OC i can return it because there is no physical evedent that i have done the OC but with the lapping will its too obviuos :wink:
June 4, 2007 2:33:03 PM

Quote:
but if somthing happens to the cpu during the OC i can return it because there is no physical evedent that i have done the OC but with the lapping will its too obviuos :wink:

Yeah, go ahead and fry your cpu from overclocking and see if they do not find out. :roll: Like he said, if you are overclcoking and are worried about voiding your warrant by lapping... well you might as well lap your cpu anyway.
June 4, 2007 4:20:55 PM

if i only lapped the heatsink would i get something of it?
June 4, 2007 4:32:41 PM

Eh, the heatsink usually isnt that bad. You'll get the biggest drop by lapping the IHS. I would still lap the hsf first though, that way if you screw up, you're out $50 instead of a couple hundred.
June 4, 2007 4:56:07 PM

Most people don't know this, but using a non-stock cooler will ALSO void your warranty (atleast for AMD). Not sure how they determine that you didn't use the non-stock cooler, though.
!