Stereo Mix Recording

sakotius

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Hi. I have been having a problem lately and that problem is as follows:
My stereo mix recording volume (which i use for broadcasting console gaming and also FRAPS and Audacity) seems to base it-self off of the volume i have set my laptop to and not just a set volume. Everytime i want to record i have to turn my sound right down. Is there anyway to just let stereo mix ecord and still stay at the same volume no matter if i turn the laptops sound up??

Thanks in advance

michaelst_54

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
I'm sure I understand your problem.

Are you recording from your PC or to your PC?

If recording TO your PC, use the Line In jack on your sound card.

If your recording (actually re-recording) from a source already ON your PC, you will have to control the input level.

If your recording FROM your PC, if you have a Line Out, use that.
If your recording from the headphones output, you will have to control the output level.

michaelst_54

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
I'm not sure I understand your problem.

Are you recording from your PC or to your PC?

If recording TO your PC, use the Line In jack on your sound card.

If your recording (actually re-recording) from a source already ON your PC, you will have to control the input level.

If your recording FROM your PC, if you have a Line Out, use that.
If your recording from the headphones output, you will have to control the output level.

sakotius

Distinguished
May 14, 2009

Recording "What I Hear From My Speakers" Basically my sound has shot up all of a sudden and now it sounds very loud. If i turn my sound UP becuase i cannot hear my game the recording volume also goes up. As you can imagine this is not good for the video :S

Thanks

Sakotius