the57man

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
I recently installed the new google search engine and decided I didn;t like it so I uninstalled it. Since then, everytime I click on an online icon, IE. google, netflix,etc, anything that sends me online, a box opens and asks me what program to use to open with. I tell it internet explorer and it opens. Somehow I have added an extra step and don't knowhow to reverse it. I used to just click a desktop online icon and it would open. Please help, Dave

the57man

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
When I click on the different icons and the "open with" box opens, IE is always at the top of the list and I just click ok. I have tried checking the box , always use this program, but it makes no difference.

the57man

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
I went back and tried it again and every icon that launches to the internet, except IE itself, opens the "open with" box and IE is the only program in the recomended program list and I just click OK and off it goes. Hope this answered your question.

right click on the shortcut icons and check the properties. It should list what program is set to open it.

You could also try downloading firefox, make that your default browser. Then all those icons should open w/ firefox. Then you could switch back to IE as default, it may reclaim all those shortcuts. Just a shot in the dark w/ this tho.

TRENDING THREADS