New Entries in Favorites/Links folder

Shortcuts "Snapshot Windows" and "Snapshot Marquee" have suddenly appeared
in IE Favorites Links folder.

If I click on these links, the Windows Information Bar appears at the top of
the web page saying "Pop-up blocked. ......"

If I then allow pop-ups, the present screen is just refreshed.

Have searched Google but cannot find an explanation for why these have
suddenly appeared.

Thanks for help.
Joe Steele

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:uKouZqhZFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
J&P <jopam@beeteeinternet.com> had this to say:

> Shortcuts "Snapshot Windows" and "Snapshot Marquee" have suddenly
> appeared in IE Favorites Links folder.
>
> If I click on these links, the Windows Information Bar appears at the
> top of the web page saying "Pop-up blocked. ......"
>
> If I then allow pop-ups, the present screen is just refreshed.
>
> Have searched Google but cannot find an explanation for why these have
> suddenly appeared.
>
> Thanks for help.
> Joe Steele

I have no idea what they are but if you don't want them you can just right
click and delete them. What ever they are they don't seem to be doing you
any good. So, I'd vote delete them. Could be a side effect from installing
malware? Have you scanned for viruses/trojans/spyware?

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

"Galen" < wrote in message ...

> I have no idea what they are but if you don't want them you can just right
> click and delete them. What ever they are they don't seem to be doing you
> any good. So, I'd vote delete them. Could be a side effect from installing
> malware? Have you scanned for viruses/trojans/spyware?

Thanks for the reply, Galen. Yes, I did the usual scans - clean result.
And deleted them. Doing further Google searches but no found no answer yet.

Regards,
Joe Steele

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:uPS$G3iZFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
J&P <jopam@beeteeinternet.com> had this to say:

> "Galen" < wrote in message ...
>
>> I have no idea what they are but if you don't want them you can just
>> right click and delete them. What ever they are they don't seem to
>> be doing you any good. So, I'd vote delete them. Could be a side
>> effect from installing malware? Have you scanned for
>> viruses/trojans/spyware?
>
> Thanks for the reply, Galen. Yes, I did the usual scans - clean
> result. And deleted them. Doing further Google searches but no found
> no answer yet.
> Regards,
> Joe Steele

Did you install any software recently? And no, I too have found nothing via
searching it seems. Well, nothing of any value for this.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes