2 or 3gb of ram for vista premium?

My family wants to get a new laptop. We want something that will last a while. Im choosing to get vista home premium so that we get a free upgrade to 7 when it comes out. The laptop comes with 2gb of ram but we can get 3 gigs for about $30 more. Will the extra gb be worth it? I cant stand using a slow computer especially if ill be multitasking or playing WoW a lot.
3 answers Last reply
More about vista premium
  1. GET MOAR! :)

More ram = better
    Thats usually the case, basically it will need a smaller pagefile making the laptops performance greater!
  2. For $30, I'd get it. Although I will say that depending on what you will be doing with it, it may not be necessary. What will your family be doing with it?

I had home premium on my desktop with 1 gig for about 6 months. I then added another gig (for 2 total) and didn't notice a difference. I do some light gaming and photo editing. It's not uncommon for me to be listening to music, have web pages open and some photo editing software.

I think what is more important than having epic amounts of RAM is just basic maintenance. Keeping it virus/spyware free and minimizing unnecessary processes at startup.
  3. dgriffs said:
    My family wants to get a new laptop. We want something that will last a while. Im choosing to get vista home premium so that we get a free upgrade to 7 when it comes out. The laptop comes with 2gb of ram but we can get 3 gigs for about $30 more. Will the extra gb be worth it? I cant stand using a slow computer especially if ill be multitasking or playing WoW a lot.

--------------------

The OS is x64? or 32bits..and the upgrade is x64 or 32bits...if the answer is "yes" buy the laptop with 3GB or more if you can...if isn't 2Gb is good.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops RAM Windows Vista