Embed a .wmv on a webpage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactuschef

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
I don't know where to post this, feel free to move it.

I'm trying to embed a .wmv in a webpage. it's made, editted, uploaded to the site. now I just need to stick it on the page. I know very little about html, but i get by with tutorials and templates. I've found tons of templates for this and they all do one of the following two things:

-show absolutely nothing

-shows a small window (the correct size i have specified in height=/width=) with the video playing at full size inside of it (so only the upper left is showing, instead of properly scaling the video to fit the window), does not show the controls bar (even though that is set (showcontrols true, or 1), autoplays no matter what (autoplay = false, or 0).

so where do i start? (i have to host the video myself, putting it on youtube or etc is not an option)

Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Code:
<object id="MediaPlayer" width=320 height=286 classid="CLSID:22D6f312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" standby="Loading Windows Media Player components..." type="application/x-oleobject" codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=6,4,7,1112">

<param name="filename" value="http://yourdomain/yourmovie.wmv">
<param name="Showcontrols" value="True">
<param name="autoStart" value="True">
<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

<embed type="application/x-mplayer2" src=http://yourdomain/yourmovie.wmv" name="MediaPlayer" autoStart="True" wmode="transparent" width="320" height="286" ></embed>

</object>

mess around with that and tell me if it works.

Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Change autostart to false then. and it should not run at fullsize, should be 320 X 286. But I don't have a website to test it on, so I don't know. As you say this is not working for you. I am not familiar with wmv in html or with that type of thing all together, so that's about all I can tell you. Hopefully you will receive help from someone else either here or on another site.

Just for kicks, post your original code so I can have a look at it.

Cactuschef

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
Change autostart to false then. and it should not run at fullsize, should be 320 X 286.

this is the problem. i change autostart to false, but it autoplays anyway.

the window is 320 x 286, but within that the video plays fullsize (you see the upper right corner of the video in a 320 x 286 window)

i don't have any original code :/

Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
But did you change both autostarts to false? There's two of them. And about the window size, again I have no experience with wmv coding, so I don't know why that isn't working.

Why is no one else posting here? Does no one know?

Jak o the Shadows

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
You forgot to properly close your param tags.

Just add a / before your closing tag. Like so:

<object data="yourMovie.wmv" height="286" width="320">
<param name="autostart" value="false" />
<param name="showcontrols" value="true" />
<param name="fullcontrol" value="true" />
</object>

Status
Not open for further replies.