SilverStone DA750 issue

zerone

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone in here is using this PSU. Just got this PSU two days back and everything in my rig runs stable. But as soon as I load my GPU, the PSU starts making a weird buzzing noise which doesn't seem to be coming from the fan.

I tried switching the PCI Express cable and running it most of the other stuff in my disconnected but its making that noise when my GPU in under load.

Any idea what could be the problem?

zerone

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
Thanks for the reply. I am planning to RMA this one back. I bought this to replace a dead Antec TPII550 PSU. My concern here is if could be some other bad component in my machine that damaged my PSU.

This is what happened before my old PSU died: I had updated the BIOS on my MOBO from version 1707 to 2004. All voltage setting were at default with 1707. I was able to boot into Windows after 2004 but my machine restarted randomly. Thinking it was my RAM, I set it to the spec value (2.2V) and then it worked fine for sometime and I was running orthos to test the new BIOS which ran fine too without any errors.

Then it all went wrong, after a few secs of closing orthos my machine went off and I found out that my PSU was dead. I used one of the online wattage the calculators and found out that my current config needs about 590 watts so I was guessing my PSU got overloaded and crapped out.

So I replaced it with the DA750 and now I am getting this buzzing noise.

Any thoughts? Is it possible for some other part causing damage to the PSU?

zerone

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
Here are my full system spec:

E6600 @ 375*8
Asus P5W DH
DDR2-800 @ 750 4-4-3-8
Asus ATi 1900XT 512 MB @ 688/792
Creative X-fi XtremeMusic
4 SATA2 HDDs (Added the 4th HDD just a week ago)
1 DVDRW Drive & 1 FDD
2 Cold Cathodes
MCP655 Pump
6 120mm fans

The Antec was about 18months old. I bought the DA750 coz its got 60A on a single 12V rail and the 8pin pci-e connector. So it wont be a problem upgrading to a single DX10 card in future.

zerone

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2006
Got the replacement for my DA750 last night and its making the same buzzing noise too when my Video Card is under load :(

I am now thinking its either my Video Card or some other component that might be causing this. Planning to take everything apart and try to single out the bad part now.