Sign in with
Your question

ENOUGH -- ENOUGH -- ENOUGH * NVIDIA versus ATI/AMD

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 4, 2007 12:41:49 AM

Good god .... stop the mile long reply war ! I personally don't give a fiddler's dam which one does better in DX9 .... There's nothing pure -solid -totally DX10 to test either company's design on . A game 95% dx9 with 5% dx 10 shows squat ! I was p*ssed at the video card companies first ... now if you really think about it it's the game designers dragging *ss ! Both ends of the spectrum had the codes and requirements for adapters ... games ... and programs a h*ll of a long time ago and we're still waiting for all 3 ! I don't care who or what site says what ... it's all speculation until "the real thing " is released in bulk to test and compare . I'm still bitching at EA Games for not incorprating widescreen in Battlefield2 and 2142 . They replied " it's so hard to do everything and our programmers just could'nt work that in. " WHAT A BUCKET OF HORSE MANURE ! Those lame a**ed idiots should fire their lousey programmers then and hire descent ones .... are we going to get those limp excuses on the supposedly DX10 games if they suck also ? Both video adapters have different designs that really can't be tested truly yet and all the bitchin and name calling is useless. By the time they ever get us 5 true dx10 games out .... what generation of adapters will be out by then ? Still the ATI's are running way too hot and eat way too many watts !!! No one mentions that fact !
June 4, 2007 1:08:55 AM

Ok.
June 4, 2007 1:13:00 AM

Good points.

Related resources
June 4, 2007 1:14:00 AM

Save it for the telemarketers friend, they we're put on this earth to be rambled at.
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
June 4, 2007 1:14:38 AM

Feel better now?

Funny post coming from you.
June 4, 2007 1:26:23 AM

What the OP doesn't seem to understand, is that people actually LIKE to ramble on and on about the Nvidia -vs- ATI matchups (myself included). For myself, I often learn alot more about the real technical details about the cards when I read the various posts about them. Yes, sometimes they become rather repetitive, but people will be people. If you don't like the posts, don't read them. Move on. Just like if there is something on TV you don't like, you will change the channel. Its just that simple! :roll:
June 4, 2007 1:34:27 AM

Quote:
What the OP doesn't seem to understand, is that people actually LIKE to ramble on and on about the Nvidia -vs- ATI matchups (myself included). For myself, I often learn alot more about the real technical details about the cards when I read the various posts about them. Yes, sometimes they become rather repetitive, but people will be people. If you don't like the posts, don't read them. Move on. Just like if there is something on TV you don't like, you will change the channel. Its just that simple! :roll:

I agree.

People from companies read forums like this, so they know what kind of reputation the cards have among enthusiasts. Maybe they'll get off their asses and make good products, so we buy them.
June 4, 2007 1:36:42 AM

Quote:
There's nothing pure -solid -totally DX10 to test either company's design on

Company of Heroes has been for four days now. It's an RTS that incidentally supports widescreen.
June 4, 2007 1:41:21 AM

Quote:
Maybe they'll get off their asses and make good products, so we buy them.

Much easier said than done unfortunately, I'm sure ATI are working their asses very much off but great GPU architectures don't grow on trees.

Note to self, plant GPU architecture tree.

Titan's right tropper, CoH was built for DX10 from the beggining however they had to wait for Microsoft and hardware to catch up with them so they released the game with DX9 to get it out there and now have the DX10 version up and running.
June 4, 2007 1:46:45 AM

Quote:
Much easier said than done unfortunately, I'm sure ATI are working their asses very much off but great GPU architectures don't grow on trees.

Of course.

Doesn't seem like they worked hard enough though.
June 4, 2007 1:55:38 AM

Thanks for wasting my time.
June 4, 2007 2:01:16 AM

Quote:

Nice.
June 4, 2007 3:14:33 AM

Quote:

Plant a K10 tree too, one that can also be made into a bench. :twisted:
June 4, 2007 3:17:45 AM

I'd say by the time the tree grows to about 10m, I cut it down, cut it up, hibernated for 6 months, put it together, sand it, get cancer and make a full recovery, and varnish it AMD would've already got REAL K10 benchmarks out.

By at least a couple of days anyway :lol: 
June 4, 2007 3:22:02 AM

Quote:
I'd say by the time the tree grows to about 10m, I cut it down, cut it up, hibernated for 6 months, put it together, sand it, get cancer and make a full recovery, and varnish it AMD would've already got REAL K10 benchmarks out.

By at least a couple of days anyway :lol: 

Optimistic SOB aren't you :twisted:
June 4, 2007 6:05:39 AM

Seriously, why some people always like to pi$$ on our time by posting such threads? :?
June 4, 2007 6:09:10 AM

Quote:
Seriously, why some people always like to pi$$ on our time by posting such threads? :?

You pi$$ed your own time away reading it then typing a reply. 8O
June 4, 2007 6:17:52 AM

Good point! :trophy:
June 4, 2007 8:07:25 AM

:roll: bla,bla,bla

for those whom feel their time was wasted and seeking entertainment watch this
i find it strangely entertaining.
June 4, 2007 8:43:08 AM

no widescreen for bf2, those bastards!
June 4, 2007 8:51:33 AM

Ultimately its Micro$ofts fault. By denying windows XP users dx10 it has become a waiting game. People don't want to buy vista due to its insane price and missing drivers. And without vista no dx10 games. No dx10 games no incentive to upgrade to an OS that perform slowerthan winXP.

Kind of like the same situation in the 90s with the first 3D hardware and the situation AGEIA is in with its PhysX chip ( no apps no hardware, no hardware no apps- no hardware or games no buyers)
June 4, 2007 9:07:26 AM

People like fighting, and supporting matrox is for queers.
June 4, 2007 10:11:32 AM

Quote:
no widescreen for bf2, those bastards!

LOL! for some reason that reminded me of southpark :roll: :lol: 
June 4, 2007 11:07:26 AM

I told myself before I even read this that the OP must own a ATI card, lol.

BTW, if you wanted to use 1680x1050 in BF2 you could always right click the shortcut and add in: "+szx 1680 +szy 1050"

If you feel like you've wasted your life reading his Long huge post, click this to make this topic worthwhile lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faNj5vMZ2yc
[edit, btw, its all the same person, he plays all the characters x_X]
June 4, 2007 11:11:14 AM

Quote:

You pi$$ed your own time away reading it then typing a reply. 8O
:lol:  :lol: 

Touché :lol:  :lol: 
June 4, 2007 12:24:56 PM

Meh. I like these '+1' threads.
June 4, 2007 12:43:34 PM

Quote:
People like fighting...

Screw you, no we don't. :wink:
June 4, 2007 12:58:11 PM

Quote:
Feel better now?

Funny post coming from you.

Funny .... no tired of seeing you and the other guy write yards of rebuttals on how each of you are wrong and dumb about dx10 .
June 4, 2007 1:02:11 PM

Quote:

No pi$$ ing time is writing those mile long replies that mean squat .... don't feel bad your daddy pi$$ed his time away one night and conceived you ... LOL --- :lol: 
June 4, 2007 1:11:25 PM

Quote:

BTW, if you wanted to use 1680x1050 in BF2 you could always right click the shortcut and add in: "+szx 1680 +szy 1050"

If you feel like you've wasted your life reading his Long huge post, click this to make this topic worthwhile lol.

Yea I let ati burn my butt again ... LOL ... and by the way that addon does'nt work .... maybe it's this lousey ATI/AMD video card . :x
June 4, 2007 1:24:20 PM

Quote:

Now i wasted time on this topic AND your movie :lol: 
June 4, 2007 2:54:11 PM

lmfao :D 

Wouldn't it be awesome if people had to send you $5 each time they wasted your time on the net :D 
June 4, 2007 2:54:58 PM

Lol then i wouldn't have to work for the rest of my life :p 
June 4, 2007 3:03:04 PM

Quote:

What he said.
And added to that: people like war.
Get used to it.
June 4, 2007 3:03:07 PM

Quote:
don't feel bad your daddy pi$$ed his time away one night and conceived you ... LOL --- :lol: 

Now was that really necessary? Go flame somewhere else noob.
June 4, 2007 3:04:29 PM

Quote:

What he said.
And added to that: people like war.
Get used to it.

People like war?!?!!?!?!

I know i don't
June 4, 2007 3:37:42 PM

Quote:
No pi$$ ing time is writing those mile long replies that mean squat .... don't feel bad your daddy pi$$ed his time away one night and conceived you ... LOL --- :lol: 

That's below the belt.
June 4, 2007 3:42:13 PM

Quote:
There's nothing pure -solid -totally DX10 to test either company's design on

Company of Heroes has been for four days now. It's an RTS that incidentally supports widescreen.
From what little I know, all current games (even if they are DX10) are not native DX10. More like ports/patches.
June 4, 2007 3:46:59 PM

So which companies card is better for DX10 games---ATI or NVIDIA? :lol: 
June 4, 2007 3:58:01 PM

Quote:

The best way to pi$$ time away..........poontang :lol: 
June 4, 2007 6:44:52 PM

Quote:

a$$-hole! :roll:
June 4, 2007 11:46:55 PM

Quote:

a$$-hole! :roll:

Lord it was a JOKE !! Does'nt some get offended easily ... what am I on this forum with a bunch of little girls ? :roll:
June 4, 2007 11:53:52 PM

Quote:
don't feel bad your daddy pi$$ed his time away one night and conceived you ... LOL --- :lol: 

Now was that really necessary? Go flame somewhere else noob.

Noob to this forum with that nickname only ..... HAHAHAHAA ... noob ! I still have my copy of windows on 4.5 floppy disks I keep for old time's sake ! You probably don't even know what they look like ----- I was installing IBM systems for corporations when they were the only one around ... way before commodore ..... you don't even know what a commodore was most likely ??? ---- HAHAHAA -- :lol: 
June 5, 2007 12:03:15 AM

Quote:
So which companies card is better for DX10 games---ATI or NVIDIA? :lol: 

It's surely not known yet as we have no true full dx10 games to test either with . A few companies added a bit of dx10 in old dx9 games and try to pawn them off as dx10 ... but don't let them fool you and don't buy them . As far as they go NVIDIA is still thumping ATI/AMD and using alot less power ... ATI's seem to be power supply heaters .
!