Sign in with
Your question

Profile too Large because it includes My Documents

Last response: in Windows XP
May 21, 2009 5:49:19 PM

I canot currently turn off my computer because I am getting a message that my profile is too large. After a little bit of research, I found that this should just be the files under "application data". However, it is currently listig all of the files under "My Documents" including all of my music and pictures as part of my profile.

I have not changed anything and this has never been an issue before. Does anyone know how tho unlik the My Documents folder from the profile?

More about : profile large includes documents

May 21, 2009 9:28:46 PM

You should be able to cut and paste the folders to the appropriate locations. Anything that defaults to those folders may need their default paths adjusted as well.

This is not something that should happen on it's own. You may want to boot into safe mode and run a virus scan.
May 22, 2009 5:02:13 PM

I ma not sure where you think I should cut and paste the folders to. The My documents folder is not under the applications data folder. I have not moved the My Documents folder. I don't know why the profile is including that folder, but it is.

aford10 said:
You should be able to cut and paste the folders to the appropriate locations. Anything that defaults to those folders may need their default paths adjusted as well.

This is not something that should happen on it's own. You may want to boot into safe mode and run a virus scan.

May 22, 2009 9:42:47 PM

Try backing up the important files, then delete the folder all together or cutting it and plasting it on the desktop. You can also try running a disk cleanup to free some more space.
Related resources
!